Eastman Chemical

www.eastman.com
Employer Engaged

20+ year shift operator

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

-Good pay
    -Ethical culture
    -Typically rewarded on some level for doing an outstanding job
    -Culture promotes employees caring for one another
    -Typically helpful co-workers

Cons

-Benefits package not as good as it once was. I'm sure the Affordable Healthcare Act has had an impact, but insurance beneifts could be improved

Good Place To Grow

Former Employee - Director of Finance in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Director of Finance in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Eastman Chemical

Pros

Promote from within, great benefits and defined goals.

Cons

They do not empower their employees to make decisions. Multiple meetings and red tape to get simple processes approved.

Lower DOA and trust in employees

Loyal Employer

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Team-oriented culture, Family flexibility, focus on individual development, training

Cons

Processes mandated by larger companies, Integration growth pains, increasing health benefit costs

Supply Chain Analyst

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Eastman has an aggressive growth strategy which has contributed to its success. As an employee, you feel such accomplishment being a part of that growth.

Cons

Health insurance policy could be improved upon.

Great place for a career!!

Current Employee - Reliability Management Facilitator in Longview, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Reliability Management Facilitator in Longview, TX (US)

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good and improving Safety culture!! Good salaries and benefits. Many opportunities, great work schedule. Family oriented company. Overall it's a good career.

Cons

Benefits and salaries are at the median for the area, they need to be improved in order to entice better applicants, and to retain current employees.

Need to look at ways to recruit and retain employees!!

Eastman

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Your opinion matters.

Cons

Employee benifits going down hill.

Good company to work.

I have been working at Eastman Chemical

Pros

Organised and a nice place to work. They provide you same kind of working environment as others by providing same kind of laptops etc with limited access.

Cons

As a contractor it is very hard to use their laptop as sometimes one needs to get information online specially if you are in R&D Department but due to limited access one can't use his/her abilities fully and in this way can't perform the job they need to perform.

Either don't hire contractor in R&D department or give them access to your libraries and scientific journals like ACS.

Eastman is a great place to work, learn and be valued

Current Employee - Market Development Manager
    Current Employee - Market Development Manager

I have been working at Eastman Chemical

Pros

Eastman is a very innovative company which provides different paths for you to develop a strong career. The company is flexible, very results-oriented and it is always posing challenges to the teams. I feel valued at Eastman and like very much the way the company and my co-workers act and make decisions. Eastman is concerned about people from safety, health and family issues. My quality of life improved a lot after joining Eastman.

Cons

The company has made some acquisitions and people need to adapt to this new environment. It is just a matter of being adaptable but I am happy to see the company's growth! This is more a challenge than a cons.

New Recruits beware!

Former Employee - Technical Service Manager/Sales Development Manager in Kingsport, TN (US)

I worked at Eastman Chemical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1. Collaborative Environment is excellent.
    2. People at Kingsport/regional sites are excellent.

Cons

1. If you are recruited to work at Eastman, be prepared to be used for the following information with little reward:
          a. Connections of a focus industry if you come from that industry.
          b. Manager not to be involved in your skill set development.
          c. Little Career Advancement because your manager will be a fellow Eastman colleague when you start. The manager will be promoted as a result of your experience/knowledge.
          d. Constantly yelled out by my manager who had little experience in the industry compared to myself.
    2. Overall Benefits are terrible. Health benefits are not good and minimal salary increases are given.
    3. Corporate Credit Card is really a personal credit card given by the company which the company reimburses for approved expenses.

1. Appreciate your recruited employees better.
    2. Improve your benefits.

Working for Eastman is becoming overrated.

Current Employee - Operations in Anniston, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Operations in Anniston, AL (US)

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees can expect insurance and a paycheck. You can expect average wages with a declining benefits package.

Cons

Eastman does not care for their employees. We have a satellite human resource representative from another site. Questions constantly go unanswered while employees are left in the dark to figure out what we are losing next. We just lost our gym memberships after moving to a CDHP. They want you to be healthy, you just wont get any help from the company to get to that point. I hope you are not used to a Christmas bonus. Eastman's policy is $10 per person. Yes, a slap in the face. If you are a Christian, you probably won't even here Merry Christmas . It is replaced with Happy Holidays. The Managers don't listen. Production is a major priority while safety falls to the rear. The managers want all the credit when things are going good, but when things start going bad they want to blame the men in coveralls ( after you told them what was wrong). If Eastman wants to be the number one chemical company in the world they have a long way to go.

Listen to your employees, they are not as dumb as you think. We are all in this together trying to work toward a common goal. We want to make Eastman a better place to work. Success starts at the bottom and goes up. It doesn't trickle down from the top. Try being good to your employees. If you want to be the best, you have to treat them like the are the best. Prediction: our company rank will continue to fall on glassdoor.