Eastman Chemical Reviews

Updated 7 April 2015
839 reviews filtered by

People are their number one resource and invest in incredible amount of development in their development.

I have been working at Eastman Chemical

Pros

Personal development and quality of work/life balance

Cons

bonus package is a little light versuse previous company Opportunity here.

2. Great company

Current Employee - Manager in Kingsport, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Kingsport, TN (US)

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful people who take their jobs seriously and always maintain the highest ethical behavior. They are results-oriented and performance driven; however, they look out for each other and are always willing to help.

Cons

Can be very bureacratic and advancement can take years.

Advice to Management

Always keep your focus on the people. Do not shortchange their futures, development and personal satisfaction for short-term gain.

3. Excellent company with great benefits and great people!

Current Employee - Senior Outside Sales in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Outside Sales in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small office with low overhead. No one breathing down your throat all day. left alone as long as you get your work done.

Cons

Poor training. Manager left me alone with a inside sales rep to teach me the computer system. My title is Sr. Outside Sales Rep but half the time I help the Inside Sales team. You take on many positions because they are under staffed.

5. Fall Internship in Longview

I worked at Eastman Chemical

Pros

The people truly are very kind and helpful at Eastman and in Longview. The projects I was given were not intern projects that had no purpose. They were genuine projects that saved the company money and I received the satisfaction of watching something I created being put to use.

Cons

I think the biggest con is getting used to Longview. Being from a city, Longview is a whole different world. However, the new hires and other interns made my time in Longview memorable and I ended up loving the city. It's not for everyone, but if you give Longview a chance, you will grow to like it.

6. Maintenance Engineer

I have been working at Eastman Chemical

Pros

Good resources and trianing available.

Cons

Employee to job ratio is low.

Great Company with Great People

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Effective hiring process results in a great team of people. Culture is oriented around team results. Management is carefully selected and well-trained.

Cons

Processes are very bureaucratic and doing simple tasks can take significant time to go through red-tape. Company is very oriented around main Kingsport site so being at a satelite site can feel very disconnected from corporate resources.

Long and very satisfying career with Eastman so far. Great people! However, I am concerned...

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Eastman actually does care about their team members and their well being. Lots of opportunities for those willing to engage the challenges and work hard on the solutions. For such a large company, integrity and ethical practices are still in very much in practice daily. I personally think this is the backbone of Eastman's strength.

Cons

Some of the management and leaders of acquisitioned companies seem to not practice the same level of teamwork and integrity as is the culture of Eastman. Have seen some of this behavior somewhat "tolerated" over the last year or so. Very concerning to me.

Advice to Management

Lots of great changes over the last 6 years and a strong company as a result however, do not stray to far from the fundamentals of what makes Eastman the great company it is. Integrity, Trust, Teamwork (especially across organizations, not just within a natural team), Work Life Balance, Manufacturing Excellence, etc.

Working for Eastman is becoming overrated.

Current Employee - Operations in Anniston, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Operations in Anniston, AL (US)

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees can expect insurance and a paycheck. You can expect average wages with a declining benefits package.

Cons

Eastman does not care for their employees. We have a satellite human resource representative from another site. Questions constantly go unanswered while employees are left in the dark to figure out what we are losing next. We just lost our gym memberships after moving to a CDHP. They want you to be healthy, you just wont get any help from the company to get to that point. I hope you are not used to a Christmas bonus. Eastman's policy is $10 per person. Yes, a slap in the face. If you are a Christian, you probably won't even here Merry Christmas . It is replaced with Happy Holidays. The Managers don't listen. Production is a major priority while safety falls to the rear. The managers want all the credit when things are going good, but when things start going bad they want to blame the men in coveralls ( after you told them what was wrong). If Eastman wants to be the number one chemical company in the world they have a long way to go.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are not as dumb as you think. We are all in this together trying to work toward a common goal. We want to make Eastman a better place to work. Success starts at the bottom and goes up. It doesn't trickle down from the top. Try being good to your employees. If you want to be the best, you have to treat them like the are the best. Prediction: our company rank will continue to fall on glassdoor.

10. Loyal Employer

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team-oriented culture, Family flexibility, focus on individual development, training

Cons

Processes mandated by larger companies, Integration growth pains, increasing health benefit costs

11. Supply Chain Analyst

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Eastman has an aggressive growth strategy which has contributed to its success. As an employee, you feel such accomplishment being a part of that growth.

Cons

Health insurance policy could be improved upon.