Eastman Kodak

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Not yet rated.

Eastman Kodak Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey J. Clarke

Jeffrey J. Clarke

Pros:
  • "Company respects Work Life balance"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Excellent managers who had a vested interest in developing good people"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "Atmosphere was not very good after going in to Chapter 11 in 2012"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Upper management is absolutely blind to any holes in their strategy"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

not good at Salaries or Career Opportunities as business is declining However Culture is Very Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time for more than 5 years

Great Place to Work, Best Work Ethics and Environment

Manager (Former Employee)
Calcutta

ProsOpen Culture and Great Products

ConsProduct Innovation is low and not competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementDecisions have to be taken after talking to Field Sales Work Force

A company which is struggling to reinvent.................

Business Head (Former Employee)
Delhi

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAn amazing organization - with leadership in all the segments it operated in for over 100 years - a brand which was amongst top 10 on top of the mind recall till recently. Great connect with the consumers, excellent distribution network , & great product linage !

ConsA company with great brand and product range and the great team - failed to take the onus of developing new business lines for their consumer business - when they had the right skill set with in the organization. The leadership failed in recognizing the fact that the change of business model world wide offered excellent opportunity for India to develop products & services which met the consumer expectations - which could be scaled world wide making India as most enviable business model in the world - which could be replicated in other countries .

Advice to Senior ManagementThe organization still enjoys huge connect to consumers - which should not be lost . With all the businesses Kodak does , although it touches very many lives every day - the consumer business has been the very face of Kodak all the while. Kodak must sustain and build up on this to resurrect itself back to glory !

Work for the perks, not the pay!

Runner (Former Employee)
Lake Buena Vista, FL (US)

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time for more than a year

ProsFree admission into whatever theme park you were located at, Commission pay in addition to hourly wage, amazing co-workers. Never a dull moment!

ConsHourly rate was horrible! Lowest paid employees in our area. Always on the go with minimum breaks throughout your shift. Non-management knew more about photography than most of management staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should read "Digital Photography for Dummies" before applying for a position in this company.

I loved working there, the people were great that I worked with

Data Management Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPeople were always good to work with. Loved what I was doing.

ConsDownsizing every 6 months since 1982, lost many good people. Too much management for the amount of workers they were responsible for. In the area I worked in too much micro managing since there were too many bosses. If they keep more workers doing the jobs instead of letting them go, the company would have been more successful in completing functions.

Challenging opportunities for those who excel.

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAble to work independently to achieve customer satisfaction.

ConsSome managers are not open to alternative thought processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they know more then they are being given credit for.

Not what it used to be

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWas fantastic working there in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Couldn't wait to go to work.

ConsStarting going downhill in the late 90's. Totally depressing working there the last 15 yrs. Hated going to work. Too many friends were let go because management wouldn't let go of the film industry and embrace digital technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people who worked at HP and when you develop new technology embrace it and run with it.

25 years out of 34 that I spent at Eastman Kodak were the best experience I have had

Research Scientist (Former Employee)

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI was supported in my job and encouraged to step outside my comfort zone to broaden and expand my career. Hard work was rewarded with opportunity for advancement.

ConsThe company was taken over by Hewlett Packard also rans. They sold off any prifitable operations and destroyed the company because they did not have any vision to compete in a changing world. All of this was done with the full knowledge of the board of directors and previous (outgoing) management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees fairly. Don't just bring in your buddies to qualify for a 2nd retirement like the last CEO did. Don't lay off a 34 year employee with a strong performance record less than 1 year from being retirement eligable.

Wheels came off

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eastman Kodak

ProsUntil 2012, it was a great place to work. Great people: committed, dedicated. Very team focused, even when resources were sparse.

ConsEverything after October 2012. Innovation failed. Leadership pushed product to market long before it was ready. This destroyed any credibility left in the brand, and customers fled.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust leave, please.

I worked at a medical imaging company in Fremont, CA taken over by Kodak & Rochester upper mgmt. destroyed it.

Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time for more than a year

ProsCutting edge image-enhancement software, I was allowed freedom to manage my own projects from a superb project mgr. & was supported by my department mgr.

ConsClueless Rochester upper mgmt. froze wages & hiring, only cared about their film core business & treated medical imaging as a corporate colony for exploitation. Employee stock purchasing was denied, & all levels or communication was hampered.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing undersold by Fuji film created corporate-wide losses that cost you your medical imaging line of business.

Worked for Eastman Kodak? Contribute to the Community!

Eastman Kodak Videos

Eastman Kodak – Why Work for Us?

Kodak: Imaging Innovation for Business Kodak has transformed itself into a technology company focused on imaging for business. Today's Kodak provides: • Disruptive technologies and breakthrough solutions in the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eastman Kodak reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Eastman Kodak CEO Jeffrey J. Clarke. All 350 reviews are posted anonymously by Eastman Kodak employees.