Eastman Kodak

Eastman Kodak Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Eastman Kodak Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey J. Clarke

Jeffrey J. Clarke

Pros
  • Work-Life balance, benefits, salaries, were excellent in the R&D departments(in 27 reviews)

• Excellent managers who had a vested interest in developing good people(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Atmosphere was not very good after going in to Chapter 11 in 2012(in 18 reviews)

• Upper management is absolutely blind to any holes in their strategy(in 18 reviews)

not good at Salaries or Career Opportunities as business is declining However Culture is Very Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Culture
    Work Family life balance

ConsDeclining Business
    Less Salaries
    Less Career Progress

Great Place to Work, Best Work Ethics and Environment

Manager (Former Employee) Calcutta

ProsOpen Culture and Great Products

ConsProduct Innovation is low and not competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementDecisions have to be taken after talking to Field Sales Work Force

A company which is struggling to reinvent.................

Business Head (Former Employee) Delhi

ProsAn amazing organization - with leadership in all the segments it operated in for over 100 years - a brand which was amongst top 10 on top of the mind recall till recently. Great connect with the consumers, excellent distribution network , & great product linage !

ConsA company with great brand and product range and the great team - failed to take the onus of developing new business lines for their consumer business - when they had the right skill set with in the organization. The leadership failed in recognizing the fact that the change of business model world wide offered excellent opportunity for India to develop products & services which met the consumer expectations - which could be scaled world wide making India as most enviable business model in the world - which could be replicated in other countries .

Advice to Senior ManagementThe organization still enjoys huge connect to consumers - which should not be lost . With all the businesses Kodak does , although it touches very many lives every day - the consumer business has been the very face of Kodak all the while. Kodak must sustain and build up on this to resurrect itself back to glory !

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great family oriented company

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat talent. Laid back culture

ConsCompany culture declined when film declined

Review for Dayton, OH facility

Management (Former Employee) Dayton, OH (US)

ProsExcellent people, communication and vision within Dayton, OH facility. Departments worked well together to achieve site specific goals. Culture was excellent at one point, but has dramatically decreased with the involvement of corporate mandates.

ConsCorporate bureaucracy; performing non-value added activities due to outdated corporate policies; making decisions "across the board" instead of business unit specific. Leadership within the Dayton facility was excellent until corporate brought in management from other business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a step back and start eliminating non-value added activities. Do not continue to perform tasks because "that's the way we've always done it."

Excellent Company to work for.

Systems Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsResearch and Design peers are top notch.

ConsConstant risk of layoffs and pressure of doing more with less employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet R&D make more business decisions and not marketing.

Great educational and experiential growth in 80s and 90s.

Product Management Director (Former Employee) Rochester, NY (US)

ProsThe company has great and very talented people in a great mid-sized city. The time off policies and benefits are still good.

ConsSome of the recent hires are not as qualified as those who have been around a while. There are some gems, but mostly people are hired because they knew someone from HP.

Advice to Senior ManagementInkjet won't make it. You need to find a business that is profitable. It is too bad you sold all of the profitable businesses to go after inkjet. J&J just sold Clinical Diagnostics for $4 billion, Eastman Chemical is highly profitable, Carestream Health has grown significantly, .... and there are many more.

More than 20 years of transition.

ProsMany great people working here. Time off is good for years of service.

ConsDepending on unit, office culture can be terrible. Training is less than minimal with most training occurring solo on the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost issues that are common through out Kodak can be resolved by a strict adherence to our company core values.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay and benefits. A lot of great people that work there.

ConsVery poor upper management that made Kodak fall apart.

Advice to Senior ManagementShame on you!

Not the company you grew up with

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rochester, NY (US)

ProsThe people are what make Kodak great. Some of the most talented, ethical and caring people I've run into. Plus, there is a pride of belonging to such an iconic brand, and caring for the customers. I suspect that there will be significant hiring in the coming years as the aging workforce retires. The cutting edge work in certain technological areas is exciting.

ConsThe company has changed dramatically in the past few years. Gone is pretty much everything that most of us grew up with as Kodak. Now, it is a B2B company focusing primarily on the graphics and functional printing space. It still has the remnants of a big company in terms of culture (bureaucracy, slow) that need to change to make it the employer of choice, and the focus on the employees is not what it once was.

Worked for Eastman Kodak? Contribute to the Community!