Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner

Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard(in 19 reviews)

• kickball team on thursdays, softball team on tuesdays, beer fridays and happy hours regularly(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible commission structure, low salary(in 11 reviews)

• Base Salary sucks and it takes a while to build business(in 5 reviews)

Great!

ProsVery nice atmosphere, great place to work, great people to work with. The office is in long beach which is also a nice plus. I would suggest working here to a friend.

ConsThere are not many cons for working at this job. The biggest con is the hours but most days you can get out early. I dont think there are a lot of cons.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up!

Great opportunity, hard work, can be frustrating at times.

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe culture is great. Most people are fairly young and hungry for success. Management is very helpful. They hand out beer on Fridays at the office.

ConsCold calling, sometimes things that are out of your control can temporarily limit your opportunities, there are a ton of employees so one on one help isn't always available, salary is better than most sales jobs but still not great until you make commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great company to grow and develop a career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Prospositive environment, young, friendly people
    mini golf course and ping pong table in the office - beer fridays
    business casual dress
    work hard play hard mentality

Consjust like any job environment, some people are difficult to deal with and should be fired but have tenure so they are not.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't tolerate bully's as much as you do

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Echo is an awesome place to work!

Vice President (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThis is a young and high energy culture with Midwestern values. Super nice people and very social atmosphere. Everyone wants you to succeed. If you've ever thought about giving commissioned sales a try, this is the place to do it.

ConsThe first 6 months are difficult - lots of cold calling. But if you can stick with it you will succeed.

moving too fast to do things right

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsLaid back work environment
    Casual
    Fun people to work with
    Decent benefits
    Great gym in building

Conspoorly organized
    can't fix obvious problems
    "good enough" ethic is firmly entrenched
    hidebound
    completely unsustainable pacing of work.
    Everything is urgent and important.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake technology more seriously. You can't do your business without it.

Slow down and do things right instead of rushing through them.

Not Great

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat people, office culture is very outgoing and fun. Beer on fridays, you are basically left alone after training to do what you need to do

ConsTERRIBLE tier one managers. No patience, don't answer questions, don't care about you and are downright unprofessional and inappropriate. There is so much office gossip and little support when you first start out.

You are cold calling/emailing all day every day until you are able to convince someone to pay their ridiculous rates (good luck) or have accounts handed down to you. It gets old very quick and you have to find all of your leads outside of office hours (basically you're forced to work overtime if you want to be remotely successful). I was constantly stressed and hated my job within the first month. You really have to take a lot of crap for months so you can do well. Salary is too low for what they ask of you

Advice to Senior Managementget new managers who can actually handle the responsibilities

Good place to launch a career but not to stay

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsStable industry and company
    Complete benefit and retirement package
    Casual work environment

ConsLack of upward mobility
    Little motivation to excel
    All day long on the phone and emailing
    Gets old fast
    Limited opportunities for relocation
    HQ and regional offices very different cultures

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance and wages need to improve.

Senior Account Executive

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat place to work right out of college as a first job. Fun work environment with good people.

ConsLarge amount of turnover which results in current employees being forced into added responsibilities that do not correlate with added pay.

Echo is a great company to start with for sales experience.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a very young company with a high energy atmosphere. It is a great place to build a sales career through learning fundamentals. The training program is very thorough.

ConsThe training program, while thorough, is very tedious. Halfway through the program, all you want to do is hit the floor and start calling.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor carrier sales, I would only suggest more team oriented goals/rewards. It is difficult to break through to commission without a national carrier.

I love it!

Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsFun , young company. Lots of events to keep employees engaged and active within the company. Great opportunity to make friends and learn about logistics and it's an environment that's growing fast, we are always adding new team members and bringing people in. Great recruiting process and training, I feel like I have learned a lot and I've only been here 2 months. I came from a bank environment and the attitude and culture here is contagious.

ConsGetting started is rough, but what do you expect? I do everything I was trained to do but don't always book a load (Echo speak for closing a deal) and sometimes it's hard to get started, but there are many successful people here who assure me they started the same way and had a difficult time at the beginning so I'm going to true them and stay after it. Hours can be rough too but I'm working with young people my age so it's hard to complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to paint a realistic expectation of the job during the interview process by getting more time to talk to current employees and get questions answered.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!