Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated 20 May 2015
181 reviews filtered by

1. Client Sales Rep

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Great environment and great people. It is a sales job and your success is up to you, but everyone around is more than willing to help push through and succeed. It is a very dynamic job that gives you more than just one product at one price. If you can stick it out and are willing to work hard, there is a ton of opportunity, both financial and personal.. Echo is also a very highly ranked company that gives a lot more resources than the competition. They have a great training program as well to get you started.

Cons

It is a sales job. You will be cold calling a lot and it is hard to always find motivation. The logistics industry is very competitive as well so you will be getting a lot of no's and will get hung up on. It is not for everyone but it is a great job whether you are right out of college or have prior work experience.

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out to your reps to see how they are doing and what is going on in their head. The job is tough and not everyone has the skin for it. Be sure you are leading them to other people and resources that they may not think to look at if they are struggling.

2. Enterprise Ops

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in North Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in North Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Echo was the best job I could have had out of college. It helped me grow so much. They really want to work with you and develop you into a young business professional. Great culture, very young and very fun.

Cons

I would say the worst part was when I would hear of the newer training classes starting off with more money than I was making.

3. Entry-Level Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, great work-life balance, most people are fresh out of college, no college degree required, lots of energy, management does nice things for those who work hard

Cons

Poor base salary, commission structure is weak if you even break the draw. Most sales reps are not on commission-and those who do get commission are a statistical anomaly.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

5. Customer Service

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Some of the best LTL technology available. Excellent people to work with, and offices all around the United States.

Cons

People in trucking aren't always the most professional. Hard to get straight answers sometimes. Staring at computer screens isn't a good all day activity.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is continue to grow the operations and make it easier for customers and employees to navigate the software.

Inside sales representative

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back workspace
    Young environment of employees/managers
    Casual attire
    Benefits package is decent, health/dental/401k and stock options

Cons

Extremely high turn over rate
    Call center-heavy cold calls (50-90) per day
    The compensation is on the lower end of the spectrum
    Promises of unlimited earning potential rarely pan out.
    Those who earn commission on top of base salary are statistical outliers.

Advice to Management

Incentives could be better than a couple of beers on a Friday at 4 for hitting the sales goals for the week.
    Include all tiers in large contractual negotiations to better their approach/fully grasp the process

7. Great way to learn about Logistics

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work Environment, Large office, great entry level position. Many opportunities to move departments. Occasional free lunch, Winter and Company parties.

Cons

Micromanagement, not much room to advance, political. usually semi-annual reviews with very little raise opportunities. Very corporate and many new hires are college grads.

Advice to Management

Let people be who they are and stop micromanagement. Management needs to focus on keeping employees happy by offering more incentives. Most employees are forced to come in early and stay late but management does not want to pay them.

Inside Sales

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Fun work environment, relaxed

Cons

100% cold calling all day every day, management plays favorites

9. Fun work environment - low pay

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Great company right out college - real fun place to work with good people (for the most part)

Cons

Not a very professional environment- pay is below average

10. A good stepping stone in beginning your career

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Troy, MI (US)
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Troy, MI (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young, technology based culture. Sister company to Groupon. Very goal oriented with the desire to exceed your monthly expectations. Decent training and teams willing to help you succeed. Facilitates your account management, communication, and logistics knowledge to develop the traits in molding your career. Has a very "Work hard, play hard" mentality which allows for positive a company culture.

Cons

Horrible commission structure! Now this might be slightly outdated (I left EGL in 2012) but I started off my career at Echo making $30K Base Salary with 1.5% commission. After you achieve $5K paid in your base will go up to $35K and after $15K paid in two months in a row, your commission will go up to 20%. The harder you work, the greater the outcome in. However, it doesn't really offer huge growth opportunities given you would have to do HUGE numbers in order to make a decent salary. Benefits are expensive and they offer no commuter benefits. All-in-all, it's a great stepping stone but not something which allows a promising career path.

Advice to Management

To those that you consider high achievers, ensure that you allow them to achieve personal and financial growth so there is not as much turnover. I enjoyed the culture and my team, however, I wasn't satisfied with the return (Salary) of my work. Also, former employees were able to earn commission off closed accounts, even after they left the organization. However, when I left the organization, I was shocked to learn that I was not eligible for residual commission off my closed accounts.

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 15, 2015Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your Echo experience-glad to hear how much you appreciated the culture you helped create in Troy! Our commission structure has updated a lot since ... More

11. Client Sales Rep

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Great culture, solid training and all the tools to help you sell.

Cons

Cut throat industry and can frustrate clients quickly with not much control.

RSS Feed </> Embed