Edelman

Edelman Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture(in 50 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted(in 109 reviews)

• Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate(in 89 reviews)

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat place to learn from higher ups, challenging, lots of really useful experience that helps set you up for a future at an agency

ConsSometimes very stressful, sometimes nothing to do

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance out the work load so it's consistent

Challenging and stimulating, but very frustrating

Account Executive (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsGreat place to learn, great resources

ConsCompetitive to a fault, easy to fall through the cracks when working on large accounts

Horrible, agressive, combative atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsBIG - lots of budget for things like training. Good perks. Great pay.

ConsHorrible management only concerned with squeezing clients for money, and employees for work. Senior leadership pits managers against each other, creating a non-collaborative and aggressive atmospherel

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Internship experience

ProsReally love it - great mentoring, awesome manager, and an established internship program. You feel like you learn a lot and get a good sense of the PR industry.

ConsNot entirely well-paying and very early hours for some interns. Would be great to have more diversity in work - it appears that you can be stuck on an account for a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice if pay was higher - also would be great if senior level management interacted with interns more.

Simply the Best

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsIndependence means freedom from the financial pressures put on agencies in holding companies; Richard Edelman's game-changing leadership; you will go to work each day surrounded by the smartest people in the industry, at all levels.

ConsThe pace and size will not be for everyone. It is big, fast and extremely smart -- you have to be on your toes at all times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep setting the bar high and pushing the industry forward.

Great experience and positive culture!

PR Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsThe people are helpful and you get to work on great accounts with top companies.

ConsPay and hours are decent for a PR Firm and there is room to get hired if you do a good job.

Great way to get introduced to PR firm culture

Edelman Digital Intern (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Prosbenefits, company outing and recreation, friendly staff

Consinterns rarely get hired, they don't have enough space for a lot of their hires, no privacy

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire so many interns if you know you can't hire them. It's unethical.

Fabulous opportunities--with high expectations

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsIncredible work. Challenging client assignments and the resources to the the best work possible. People are very talented and many make great mentors, especially for mid & senior career. For people who fit the culture, the "entrepreneurial spirit" is real. The firm provides resources necessary to make good ideas happen.

ConsNeed to set your own boundaries because the firm will always push for better work. Some of the internal financial structure can make collaboration difficult, but individual relationships always trump the official policies.

Great place to work and growth

Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsEdelman gives you tools and makes it a bit easier for you to Grow.

Consnone as of today

Fast paced, fun working environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery smart and talented people, company is invested in employees. Great work/life balance and cutting edge social media work.

ConsI enjoyed my time at Edelman & would love the opportunity to work there again.

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!