Edelman

www.edelman.com

Edelman Reviews in Los Angeles, CA US

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture(in 50 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted(in 109 reviews)

• Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate(in 89 reviews)

42 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

An Incredible Company

Intern (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsAbundance of creativity; employees are dedicated to producing high-quality work; professional and friendly work environment; strong corporate values; David Edelman (enough said); strong emphasis on diversity and inclusion; competitive salary and benefits; supportive HR department; blue chip clients; work/life balance; beautiful office.

ConsI truly can't think of any. Edelman is top-notch.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being great managers.

Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGreat working environment, flexible, and everyone is very nice.

ConsCan get crazy from time to time. A lot of different managers requiring a lot of organizational juggling.

The company is evolved and enduring.

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsEntrepreneurial, independent, pioneer, creative, invests in the right next big things

ConsWe are bigger but that doesn't mean we are less nimble

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing people, amazing work!

Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGreat clients, Great co-workers, Friendly Atmosphere, Casual dress code, community atmosphere, Office in a great location; Encouragement of a work/life balance, great benefits

ConsNo Cons to report at this time.

A fantastic group of people that are supportive, fun, and excited about their work

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

Pros* Interesting and engaging work
    * Smart, fun, and always eager to help co-workers/friends
    * Casual workplace attire and environment
    * Working hard as a team when projects need it, people really pull together
    * Little perks like free coffee, cereal, and treats at work
    * Lots of opportunities to work on teams, for both work and outside of work events

Cons* So far I can't think of any

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote the open and engaging workplace environment. You're doing great at that. Keep empowering the right people to take on challenges, and trust the best people to hire/manage new talent under them. It's all been well so far.

Best Company I've ever worked for

Office Administrator (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

Prosdedicated to employee talent and retention.

ConsTechnological resources are poor for a global company

Advice to Senior ManagementNot enough technological resources/funding

Edelman is a first-rate PR and digital firm

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsEnormous network of talented people, lots of opportunities to advance or head to other offices, expansive top tier client list, excellent reputation within the field

ConsVery expensive, and corporate procedures don't allow teams to be as nimble as they need to be at times

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being independent and don't go public, and don't get too cocky now that Edelman is the largest firm in the world

Challenged every day - in a good way

Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsChallenging work environment; strong client roster; opportunities for personal growth and advancement; strong reputation in the industry

ConsCorporate politics; work-life balance; extremely competitive review/promotion structure

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget the little people!

Eciting work, great colleagues, but constant understaffing issues and little work-life balance

Senior Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsEdelman is one of the worlds premiere agencies and attracts top tallent as such.

ConsUnfortunately, a churn-and-burn mentatlity especially as it relates to junior and mid-level staff is very common. Edelman loses a lot of great tallent to burn-out.

Supportive, positive environment that fosters growth, with both words and action!

Senior Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsTop-down philosophy that fosters positive, open-door environment with lots of built-in programs to help employees learn and go beyond their job description. From small things like bagels to big things like mentor programs and company retreats, Edelman acts on their philosophy.

ConsAt the end of the day, it IS a large organization where people can get lost, if they choose to not participate.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease update the GFS - lots of great information is buried in an out-dated UI.

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!