Egon Zehnder

Be The First To
Add Photos

Egon Zehnder CEO Damien O'Brien

Damien O'Brien

Pros:
  • "Manageable work hours, work-life balance is great"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Some good benefits, which can be found elsewhere also"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is no room for upward mobility"
    in 5 reviews
  • "no upward mobility - people do the same thing long term"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

EZIRS is not a company but a shop

Delhi

I have been working at Egon Zehnder

ProsGood brand name in international market.

ConsBoring, repetitive work, not interested in growth of individual and pay scales are ridiculously low. The leadership of EZIRS is pathetic as people with no or very less management education or experience are leading the key positions. And its more painful to see how a so called human capital consulting firm is not able to manage its own human capital. The sole objective of the promoters is to earn money and not build good company with some future vision. I don't see EZIRS existing anymore in next five years as the inflationary pressure increases leading to the increase in salary demand of employees.

Advice to Senior Managementappreciate work and don't show favoritism and nepotism. There should be a transparent way to accessing the performance of the employees.

Egon Zehnder Information & Research Services (EZIRS) like a hell to work with

Research Analyst (Former Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Egon Zehnder

ProsIts like Goverment job, come to office just work and go back to home.

ConsBut dont dream about growth, no salary hike for those who are not favourite of managers, false promise in interview and within 2-3 you will start looking another job, worst paymaster in executive search. jsut check old employee on linkedin and ask them if any one has ever reffered any friend to this place. No one dare to reffer any friend to this hell.
Senior are here for more then 2-3 years rest are dont want to complete just one year.
Manager from this company can spoil any companies good environment because they just like to play politics and COO Gitanjali might have had good exp in research but as a leader she is partial, always avalaible to talk to girls but cross growth line of boys as it is the policy of parent company EZI, you wont find any male staff in offices at delhi, mumbai and bangalore except consultants.

worst exp. of life for those who have worked here since 2007, HR department behave like a deaf in exit interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts a chellenge to find more 2-3 ex. employees satisfied with EZIRS (Egon Zehnder Information And Research Services), current one are looking for another job

Amazing Opportunity

I have been working at Egon Zehnder

ProsThe company itself holds a large market share of the executive search industry.

ConsLack of technical experience provided

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter vertical mobility

A great stepping stone to your next move, but nothing more...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat exposure to many different industries and a great resume builder. You are asked to do a lot, and through this you gain a pretty big skill set that makes your resume very attractive to future employers. Also, while not specific to employment, I did make some great friends working at Egon and am thankful in that regard for my time spent there.

ConsLeadership within the United States is horrible. Unsavory and unethical behavior amongst partners and consultants is public knowledge across the whole US. For example, the former CEO of the US had a very public fall from grace and is still employed as a partner. Little to no stock is put into employee feedback on improving processes. HR is totally incompetent, overwhelmed and understaffed. In some US offices, official HR presence is completely nonexistent. No value is put on development or retention of good administrative staff. There is no room for upward mobility. If you are hired in as an EA at X salary, you would be an exception to the norm if you were making 7-10k more than you were than you were hired in at ten years down the road.
Aside from this, the firm is very sexist, and this attitude is pervasive and seen in a lot of policy towards the administration staff (which is predominately female). While not an outright hostile place to work, the culture is pretty demoralizing overall. This firm would be a great place to work, but with the partnership structure being the way it is, I do not see anything changing for support staff anytime soon.
Specific to the Boston office, turnover amongst the administration staff has been sky high as of late. What message does this send to the employees who remain and those who the company is trying to attract? Most administrative staff that have left Egon in the last year or so would probably agree that many of the points mentioned above played a major role in their decision to seek employment elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain and develop the good people you have. Create an actual HR structure and enforce policies. A little goes a very long way when it comes to retaining good people..

Good exposure to new industries, functions, networks; No long-term mobility/growth though

Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat consultant networks to leverage, wonderful benefits program

ConsBad pay, tons of inner political drama, terrible upward mobility for researchers

Culture is not what they claim it to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time for more than a year

ProsClever people. Good pedigrees. Mostly collaborative.

ConsHighly political at the top. Unwilling to support diverse cultures. Strong divide between US and rest of world culturally.

Great company if you like consulting

Research Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI work on fascinating client assignments and meet interesting people in the process of finding the right executives for my clients.

ConsThe research career path is limited and becoming a consultant is not possible.

Now know what not to do.

New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Egon Zehnder as an intern for less than a year

ProsReasonable hours, nice coworkers, good location

ConsMind numbingly boring, no room for growth

Summer Analyst

Summer Analyst (Former Employee)
Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Egon Zehnder full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Pay, nice people to work with.

ConsLots of micromanagement. The work is pretty boring, very mundane and lots of data entry. Hope you like linkedin.

Work hard, no speaking. Think of your typical "Office Space" setting

No room for growth. You can work as hard as you want, and maybe after 15 years you'll become a Research Director, but good luck ever becoming a Consultant.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're all very nice people. Nothing bad to report about you, but I guess the industry is very boring by its nature.

Was not for me. Lots of boring work. Lots of hard work.

Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Egon Zehnder full-time for more than a year

Prosyou learn a lot. people are very nice. work with strategic people and big time clients. They are making changes and trying to make things better in regards to moving up

ConsNot great team work. you get to work with really experienced people but also you are so far away from their experience that you end up not getting a lot of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlay to analyst strengths.

Worked for Egon Zehnder? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Egon Zehnder reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Egon Zehnder CEO Damien O'Brien. All 55 reviews are posted anonymously by Egon Zehnder employees.