24 Hour Fitness

www.24hourfitness.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Membership Counselor at 24 Hour Fitness - Sutter & Montgomery

Current Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paid to socialize and a free membership/access to over 200 clubs nationwide

Cons

Repetitive presentations/tours for 8 hours straight, and depending on how well you sell you may get rejected 50% - 75% of the time if you do not have that salesman mentality. There is no more commission just an hourly based rate.

provide some sales incentives to keep Membership Counselors motivated and enthusiastic about their job.

585 Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness (View Most Recent)

If your not lazy, it's a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Assistant FItness Manager in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant FItness Manager in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a friendly, fun, atmosphere. They offer bonus's every month and have ways to increase your pay. There are programs that the company pays for that help you improve in what you do. Changing lives everyday is always a pro. This company also pays the highest trainer pay I have found. LA FITNESS gets paid average $15-$20 LESS an hour. Thats lame!

Cons

The cons would be that they took away our retirement matching which is very depressing. It's nice to know one day I will retire and have money in the bank. Another con would be aggressive goals for some clubs, this can raise stress and anxiety. Your pay depends on meeting goals. Meetings....meetings....and more meetings....that can become repetitive.

Understand that in this position our personal sales goals are double and we are required to do a minimum of 120 sessions a month on top of that. Then tack on trainer coaching/meetings and club sales goals. We are busy!

Great work environment, low pay.

Current Employee - Group X Instructor
    Current Employee - Group X Instructor

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Professional environment: responsibilities and expectations were clearly communicated. Rewarding job to help people achieve a better lifestyle.

Cons

Low, low pay, considering I do not receive compensation for further trainings, music, time I spend on designing my classes. Never received a raise within seven years.

Money is the best way to show people you appreciate their work. We are the hard workers that bring and keep people in the clubs. Sometimes the upper management seem to forget that.

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness