There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom

I love it and it one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had.

Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at A Place for Mom

Pros

You can make your schedule flexible, but you need to work over 40 hours to make this job work for you. Expect to put in 60-70 hours your first year. The families love your help; it is very reqarding.

Cons

I don't think a lot of new advisors coming on board quite get the resources that are available to families so developing trust is key. You have to be the expert. Many people are hired from a sales background with little to no senior background work so they tend to be money and numbers driven which is not what this field is about. The sales process is extremely slow which is to be expected in this kind of sales.

Advice to Management

Manage is great! They listen to what we say and try to take what we say and implement it. I think they do a great job.

reviews filtered by

Significantly Damaged Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at A Place for Mom

Pros

The best thing about A Place for Mom is the mission of the organization and flexibility. What we do in helping families is unique and a value add.

Cons

Insular leadership. Not the right people are in the room making the right decisions. Mini expedia. The new CEO only speaks about leads and marketing - not the families we should help.Sean has hired a band of brothers who have no experience in the industry (which is ok) but they have not taken the time to learn from the people around them.
    Turnover is crazy with 50-80% turnover. Intentions are overall good but execution of those decisions is horrible.

Advice to Management

Sean - listen to your team! The complete team both in corporate and in the field not just the people that you hired from Expedia. You have good ideas but your ego prevents you from asking others opinion or engaging your team. Dont talk AT people - ask questions and LISTEN!!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor
    Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor

I worked at A Place for Mom

Pros

A great training week in Seattle. They spend a TON of money to make you feel like an asset to the company. They parade in all of the upper management to tell you that you are coming in on the ground level of the greatest opportunity you will every come across.

Cons

Once you leave Seattle, everything changes. From the policies you signed to the training they say they are going to give you.. nothing is what they have told you. If they say you can make 50 to 60,000, that is after at least two years and with being commission only you are digging yourself out of the hole for those two years. They will tell you in training that they are on your side and will help you in anyway possible...that is a lie....you will receive plenty of leads, but only less that 1% are viable, and of that less than one percent they are not moving immediately, are not financially able (due to selling a house etc.), or are looking at a non partner facility. A Place for Mom sets you up for failure. Stay away!!!! Wait until a true viable job offer comes to you. This is not the place for you or your family. They have hired in my training class of twenty, nineteen college degreed adults and treat us like uneducated children. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!! THEY WILL BE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!

Advice to Management

Management needs to have a better training program in place. They need to tell new advisors the full truth during the interview process (being sued, training expectations, the true salary) so that a future employee can make an educated decision. They need trained trainers. Not people hired off the street who have never done the job (Elder Care Advisor). No one in this company has been here since its inception. They do not acknowledge the lawsuit that they loss. Management has a backwards approach to new hires.