A Place for Mom

www.aplaceformom.com
  www.aplaceformom.com
There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom

I love it and it one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had.

Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at A Place for Mom

Pros

You can make your schedule flexible, but you need to work over 40 hours to make this job work for you. Expect to put in 60-70 hours your first year. The families love your help; it is very reqarding.

Cons

I don't think a lot of new advisors coming on board quite get the resources that are available to families so developing trust is key. You have to be the expert. Many people are hired from a sales background with little to no senior background work so they tend to be money and numbers driven which is not what this field is about. The sales process is extremely slow which is to be expected in this kind of sales.

Manage is great! They listen to what we say and try to take what we say and implement it. I think they do a great job.

114 Other Employee Reviews for A Place for Mom (View Most Recent)

Tough to balance family life and work

Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor
    Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor

I worked at A Place for Mom

Pros

Interested in working from home and learning about the eldercare industry

Cons

difficult to balance family life and working from home

understand the area of where your advisor is located. This may effect their level of production.

Significantly Damaged Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at A Place for Mom

Pros

The best thing about A Place for Mom is the mission of the organization and flexibility. What we do in helping families is unique and a value add.

Cons

Insular leadership. Not the right people are in the room making the right decisions. Mini expedia. The new CEO only speaks about leads and marketing - not the families we should help.Sean has hired a band of brothers who have no experience in the industry (which is ok) but they have not taken the time to learn from the people around them.
    Turnover is crazy with 50-80% turnover. Intentions are overall good but execution of those decisions is horrible.

Sean - listen to your team! The complete team both in corporate and in the field not just the people that you hired from Expedia. You have good ideas but your ego prevents you from asking others opinion or engaging your team. Dont talk AT people - ask questions and LISTEN!!

There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom