There are newer employer reviews for ADT Security Services

Great First Job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

ADT was a great first job for me. I started when I was 20 and was there for about 4 years. ADT had great benefits, was flexible with my pregnancy, and had reasonable pay.

Cons

It is extremely difficult to change your set schedule once you are put onto it. It can take years to get a decent schedule. I also had issues with unfairness regarding company policy.

Be more flexible and make sure that you treat all of your employees equally, not just those that you like.

631 Other Employee Reviews for ADT Security Services (View Most Recent)

They have great products, on the leading edge of technology in the industry. Well known, highly recognizable brand name

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Sacramento, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits for employees. Plenty of learning and growth opportunities. Branding of company name is solid and marketing efforts are good with plenty of media advertising. If you are ambitious and willing to work hard, you can be a success.

Cons

A manager, "your" manager can make the big difference in your ability to succeed. Perhaps too much difference! Control over your income potential is in the manager's hands, and that can be a problem. You fill in the blanks...

Not every manager is looking out for the best interest of the "team" i.e. the success of the sales reps. Some manager's seem to forget that without the sales reps, the manager does not succeed. It's not all about "them". We're all in this together, with families to support and lifestyles to support and maintain. Paving the way smoother for one or two reps, while limiting the others does nothing to encourage or support motivation and/or morale. There are managers who get this and managers who don't, and the ones who do get it are much, much better to be around, and work with by far!

Worst Job in 4 decades of working.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  North Charleston, SC (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Charleston, SC (US)

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, job flexibility, freedom to do most of work from home.

Cons

Local management was poorly trained and inefficient. Company leads are often dead ends. No base salary. Outdated sales process. Corporate training is outdated and conducted by snake oil salesmen. Product training is non-existent. Revolving door at the local level. Morale is worse than I could ever imagine. I don't know how this company stays in business with their present business model. The installers take bribes from salespeople to install their project first. It is truly a crazy environment.

Let someone else buy this company. It is obvious you don't know how to run it.

There are newer employer reviews for ADT Security Services

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!