There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Management and leadership of the company's domestic and international security services offerings

Former Employee - Senior Director
Former Employee - Senior Director

I worked at AECOM full-time

Pros

AECOM is a good company with great diversity in the global marketplace. They have a very strong body of assets that can contribute from across the company's portfolio to meet contract requirements.

Cons

As with any large company, the size of AECOM is also its negative. Decisions, direction, and requests must go through an exhaustive process for approval. Such process can add to the overhead and schedule of any project.

827 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

Yearly corporate restructuring

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, large projects, and opportunity to relocate.

Cons

Lack of leadership at a local level, too many changes make it unstable.

Stick with a plan for a few years before making changes.

My Career with AECOM is Great!

Current Employee - Department Manager  in  Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Broad range of project types and locations provide good opportunites - especially for entry level and mobile emloyees. Appropriate pay and very good benefits package. Great work enviornment, friendly staff, and access to excellent mentors. Lots of room for growth and advancement. Opportunities to relocate worldwide. Recognition that people are the most important asset.

Cons

Publicly-owned company means the focus on financial results seems to overide employee satisfaction. A little heavy in the executive offices with lots of management. It seems that new initiatives and policies are constantly being rolled out. Company appears to be doing everything it can to cut costs.

Please recognize the current morale issues and subsequent employee retention problems.
    We are losing good staff and their experience due to the perceived morale issues, and I believe they are just that, perceived, but without being addressed effectively perceived issues become real in employees minds. There is not a bottomless pit of potential employees in our market so if nothing is done, we'll lose more good employees, and with minimal qualified people to replace them will lose our share of the market in our location.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!