AECOM

www.aecom.com
  www.aecom.com
There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Speachless

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Better than being unemployed but just.

Cons

everything else including lack of focus on expertise

fire yourselves

882 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

Soulless company with cowardly management

Current Employee - Engineer in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on large projects. Have worked with some good people.

Cons

Conflict of interest galore. For example: environmental engineers working side-by-side with mining / oil & gas engineers; the environmental engineers being engaged to provide INDEPENDENT reviews and assessments on the environmental impacts of coal seam gas (i.e. fracking), while their colleagues are separately engaged by oil & gas companies to extract said coal seam gas.

So many processes, so much red tape, very bureaucratic.

Low, low morale. I do not know a single person I work with who likes AECOM, or who could say that they like working for AECOM.

No soul.

Impersonal management. There are no meaningful meetings with upper management, no one is approachable, there is no communication down the chain which is honest and frank. There is no accountability amongst management

No thanks, no reward. There is an expectation from upper management to 'do more with less', while not bringing anything to the table themselves.

False global opportunities for employees. The regions don't know each other, they very rarely deal with each other, and on even rarer occasions are transfers actually granted between different regions for existing employees.

Very American-centric culture and correspondence, despite doing most of their business outside of the US.

Own up!

Own up to making decisions that affect your employees. Inform your employees of the goings on as though they were human beings and had an intelligence level greater than a tomato.

The whole of the Australia and New Zealand business (around 4,000 people) has just been told that there will be no yearly pay review this year, with many of our employee benefits and rewards cancelled, while we have had to say goodbye to a few hundred colleagues who have just been retrenched (just in time for Christmas). NOT ONE person or group of people has owned up to these decisions, stating only the infamous line "the decision has been made"......made by who? The blame always deferred upwards, by nameless, faceless, cowards.

Also, as advice to AECOM's management, please realise that your employees who are doing the work, delivering projects and making the revenue, don't actually care what the share price is, or how much profit the company as a whole makes. We want to be rewarded for our individual efforts and want to work for a company that cares about more than just the bottom line.

I am voting with my feet.

The wolves are snapping for your throat

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Big company that has offices globally

Cons

Brutal indiscriminate company where everyone is out to get each other in order to survive. I think being a gazelle on the Serengeti would be easier than to navigate the provincial offices, business groups and cliques. Team building and goal building are thrown to the wind. It is a struggle to find work for 100% billability requirement set on the technical staff. Im tired of fighting just to get work within my own company.

The glass ceiling is starting to hurt my head...

Wake up the gravy train wont last with the way you mismanage midlevel staff and projects. There isnt anyone I know of that approves of your greed and gross mismanagement.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM