AOL

corp.aol.com
  corp.aol.com
There are newer employer reviews for AOL

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Dulles, VA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Dulles, VA (US)

I have been working at AOL full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Always something fun going on at the campus. Beer bashes, scooters, free coffee, tea, soda, & juice. Company sincerely cares about employee welfare as well as helping out in the community wherever possible. Flexibility with schedules/time off.

Cons

Things are still somewhat fragmented from the years of mismanagement/bloat. Lot's of layers of middle management, since there are so many different groups.

Keep us moving on the upward trend!

657 Other Employee Reviews for AOL (View Most Recent)

Fun, Exciting and Challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA (US)

I have been working at AOL full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people here are phenomenal. The work culture is that of a start up/ tech company with their flexible work hours (may depend on group), availability to work from home, happy hours, flexibility to wear casual clothes and lots of autonomy.

Cons

Sometimes unorganized and too many reorgs, direction and mission has been lost. They need a stronger executive team that has a clear direction and can lead them in the right path.

Create a stronger executive team with a clear mission that connects for all the different businesses, make it transparent to the whole company and how each person contributes to these goals and win.

great team

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY (US)

I worked at AOL full-time (more than an year)

Pros

telecommuted, flexible, good benefits. I never go the opportunity to visit an actual AOL office my entire term there. so my opinions are strictly from a remote standpoint. I think the company is fairly friendly to telecommuters.

Cons

not much choice in what teams you can move between, but that may have been partly due to telecommuting. I think teams could be more enabled than they are. Several groups seemed very top down and didnt allow teams to figure out the best way to solve problems.

Empower teams, let them innovate, try to not be top down.

There are newer employer reviews for AOL