There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

If you are about people, experiences, and new opportunities this is the place for you.

Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

Lots of opportunities, lots of nice people, variety of experiences.

Cons

Not paid very well, very disconnected, lack of training, lack of middle managment support, no perks

more middle managment support, more trainings, stronger communication.

695 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK (View Most Recent)

ARAMARK is the best place I have worked

Current Employee - FLM
    Current Employee - FLM

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

I am a FLM with ARAMARK and I have never had a job where my boss created a enviornment of trust and openness. My boss is also ver work/home life oriented. HE always says that we cannot be good leaders at work if we are not good leaders at home. He is very knowledgeable of the bussinss and is always helping us "win" at what ever we set out to do! I have worked in the restaurant business for 10+ years and this is best job I have ever had, hands down. I would be glad to argue with anyone that thinks diffrently!

Cons

Wish they paid more ande paid more of our benifits. The insurance is evpensive and the salaries are competitive, but the job is very demaning. I have to say that ARAMARK could stand to spread the welth wiht all employees. I know their wallets are deep and that they can affors to pay more. AS far as the benifits go they are great, but the are very expensive. Good 401k and Vacation/PTO options. Again, I love working for ARAMARK and would never look to go anywhere else, but I have had several offers from campitional companied to leave ARAMARK and come to work for them for moer $$, just something to think about and I am sure that I am not the only one!

Keep up the good work

ARAMARK Higher Education - good place to be if you rather work hard than smart

Former Employee - Can't Disclose - This Would Give Me Away in Phila, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Can't Disclose - This Would Give Me Away in Phila, PA (US)

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

One need not be very bright to be successful. The culture rewards people who are comfortable in working extremely hard in a reactive mode. At the leadership level (Band 5) you have a lot of opportunity to play golf in the course of doing business. It is fun to spend a lot of time on college campuses. Most people want to do a good job. If you are young, unattached, and interested in living in different parts of the country, then you have an opportunity to move up in the company. Many times the most critical factor in filling positions is willingnes to relocate.

Cons

They do not know what to do with smart people. They do not want to think strategically - it is too difficult as is calls for people to be introspective of the impact of current practices on future opportunities for growth. Many of the leadership level people (band 5) in the field started out as work-study caferteria workers in college and jocks. If you did not hang out with that crowd in college, you probably will not want to do so now. Dealing with college administrators can be very difficult for two reasons. First - they lack a fundamental understanding of how business works, therefore they struggle with understanding rationale business decisions. Second - colleges use the dining programs as a major source of revenue to fund school budgets. This puts enoumous pressure on the dining managers to balance quality and affordability.

Stop saddling the field with enormous growth targets every year - this causes an unreasonable and unfair level of stress for all involved. Compensate the leadership level more fairly - Band 5s are paid 20% below market. Make it a requirement that no one in the HQ Tower can achieve Band 5 until they have proven themselves for at least 2 years in a field role. This will cut down on some of the well intended, but ignorant decision making in HQ.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK