AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T stands for "At This Time" - I learned to be flexible in the face of change and value the skills I had to develop

Former Employee - Local Service Associate in Sacramento, CA (US)
Former Employee - Local Service Associate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The benefits were exceptionally good (medical, dental, vision, mental health, reimbursment accts, and legal); very ethnically diverse workforce, variety of job functions available to more ambitious, responsible workers.

Cons

No transfer within the company for workers from the "old AT&T"; very little opportunity for promotion, constant threat of lay-offs undermined morale, and the union (@ least our local) often picked the wrong battles and frequently conspired with managment @ the expense of the workers

Find a way around the union to reward/promote employee performance over seniority; invest time and thought into promoting center morale

5887 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Be flexible and patient AT&T is an evolving monolith with old ways slowly eroding to give way to new technologies.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Saint Augustine, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Saint Augustine, FL (US)

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Great people, great work atmosphere and a culture of giving back to the local community.

Cons

Processes are too compartmentalized, Limited technology transfer.

Respect for the contractors that work on prem. They are the face of AT&T the customer sees and interacts with.

It's all about making money.

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good GOOD pay, I was part time so the benefits weren't much. I got vacation and all, the medical insurance was way too expensive for part timers, but dental was still pretty cheap.

Cons

Too easy to lose your job or get written up over trivial things. Most long time employees have been on multiple steps of discipline for different things or barely squeaked by on a final MULTIPLE times. One person is being fired for a bad customer review, where the customers only complaint is that he yawned while working with them.

There's not much the management team can do they spend most of their time on conference calls all day, and don't get many opportunities to help the employees other than disciplinary actions that are mandatory that they complete.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T