AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

At&t

Current Employee - Project Manager in Stockton, CA (US)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Stockton, CA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful place to work with good opportunity, and skill enhancement.

Cons

Staring to see benefits being reduced.

6105 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

So far, So good!!

Current Employee - NETDP Network Process and Quality Assurance Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

First off....realize that it's a job. Yes, you have to wake up at 630 to go to work. Yes, you have to stay there for 8-10 hours a day. Yes, you have to answer to others. Yes, you will get tired, bored, and irritated with your work. But some companies provide you the opportunity to grow and succeed. I am firmly beginning to believe that AT&T's technical half (the other half of the company being sales) is doing everything right. My supervisor is a very respectable person, and I enjoy working with him. Nothing but positivity. I have not yet had the opportunity to work with other members of my team, but I have heard good things about them. My supervisor's supervisor is a driven and motivated individual, and Stephenson seems to be doing a fine job.

Ok, now to the Pros:
    -excellent salary and benefit packages.
    -Awesome discounts on services (u-verse, Internet, wireless service), but not phones.
    ^I am considered a management employee, so discounts were better than other positions.

-The wealth and freedom of training. I can learn whatever I want whenever I want.
    -Solid tools for getting things done (company provided laptop, charge cards, software, transportation,etc..)
    -The ability to say you work for AT&T...a company who provides services used by millions of people.
    -Vacation days.

Cons

Overall:
    -Things regarding your employment and enrollment take a while to get done.
    -No Stipend for declined benefits
    -Hiring process was long. From the time I applied online until my first day took about 3 months. I did undergo 2 interviews, however, and a thorough background check.
    -No discount on cell devices...
    -Exempt employment. No pay for overtime.
    -Some intranet websites/applications are buggy and hard to navigate.

Increase travel funds.

Great way to start a career, but there is little progression.

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing organizational culture and benefits.

Cons

Minimal opportunities for entry-level and mid-level career changes if you happen to find that your skills would benefit the company somewhere else. Most managers advocate employee development, but only post jobs for Sr. level (experts) jobs.

Create an internal Leadership Development Program for employees.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T