Abercrombie & Fitch

www.abercrombie.com
  www.abercrombie.com
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Nice place to work for a high school-er.

Former Employee - Floor Model in Buford, GA (US)
Former Employee - Floor Model in Buford, GA (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (more than an year)

Pros

All the workers become friends and you get 40% off certain items as an employee.

Cons

Cheesy greeting for floor models. Scheduled on days you are unable to.

2298 Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch (View Most Recent)

Great starting out

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time

Pros

This company has a great program for people just starting out and trying to get in the field. I started out as an MIT. Once I completed the program I was immediately an assistant manager. Less than a year later I got my own store and less than a year from that I am now running the top store in my state. There is not much room to grow after that.

Cons

After you are the store manager of one of the top Abercrombie's in the state you pretty much have to wait forever to get a promotion. There are 2 different routs you can go. Either district manager or home office. For Dustrict manager you generally would have to be in that same top performing store for at least 5 years. For home office they won't recommend you unless you store is perfect. (Never happens) All in all it is a good short time company, not a lifetime career. Ex. They have only had 1 person retire from the company.

Grateful for the opportunities yet getting burned out

Current Employee - Store Manager in Las Cruces, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Las Cruces, NM (US)

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Quick promotion opportunities, Promotes from within, vast National and International opportunities, relaxed environment, young people, well know brand that's easy to sell, solid training program

Cons

Pay is generally below the median average for most retail management positions in other companies, very structured and very little room to implement own ideas

Lighten up. Demand better pay for your hard working managers. Yours expectations are high, and yes attainable, but sometimes it takes huge sacrifice and those who outshine in tough situations should be rewarded and recognized more often.

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch