Accenture

www.accenture.com
  www.accenture.com
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Still enjoying it after 11.5 years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Type of work, ability to travel, empowerment

Cons

work/life balance can be affected

9396 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Madrid (Spain)
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Madrid (Spain)

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The salary used to be high, with good rises. You have the chance to travel a lot to many places.

Cons

The rises were not that good and the chances to travel become an obligatory thing.

Treat your workers as people, not as machines.

Research prior to joining "Solutions Workforce"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Brand name Recognition
    Remote work option only in Solutions Workforce

Cons

I have read US Solutions Workforce reviews, but wondered that it possibly cannot be that bad. I thought what we all did after reading these reviews that must be each individual’s bad experience. Well, I would regret to inform that it is all true. As few posts have said “You have to be in it to understand at”. Well, I will try to be fair. The company is great; the culture is your preference/opinion. Most but not All SE’s I have met is little cheer leaders, those little sneaky Extrovert cheer leaders prefer younger crowd who are constantly kissing up. Surprisingly, I also had a pleasure of meeting serious Introverted Leaders in both Solutions and Consulting workforce who are unfortunately handful but always appreciate talent then they see it, and are not interested in ratings based upon how many happy hours were you able to attend.

That being said, my deep observation is out of 20 groups of consultants you will find 2 talented, and out of 20 groups of Solutions you will find 6 talented. Definition of talent can be subject matter experts, but if in consulting you will shine, if in solutions you better let your Managers shine if you want to grow your career, and keep the act of the quite guy. Do not speak too much during a meeting, and acknowledge whatever your Manager is saying. “You have to be in it to understand it”. ACN is trying their best to keep things fair for few years but obviously it’s not working, and has never worked and it will not work, even every single SE knows that only solution to this problem is consolidation of both workforces. What I have heard directly from few SE’s that first “ATS” was removed, and the term “Solutions” was created when Iteration rate was really high within workforce due to not being treated fairly, constantly being targeted for professional and personal failures which consulting managers will or could hold you against. Latest attempt as of few days ago, ACN just announced they are launching “highly optimized competitive long term rate for US Solutions workforce”. Yes, not only will your compensation is going to be below the market rate but even compared to Consulting workforce you will be on the rock bottom, from salary to 401k, and even the hours of PTO you will get.

My personal experience has not been that bad, but it’s just part of the culture. Being part of different team, if any hostility is even visible, then per culture no one should raise the issue on victim’s behalf. It’s part of the Accenture culture that Solutions people are not shown any courtesy by consulting management; common complaint is “Never being appreciated”. One of the reasons Solution workforce does not get appreciated is for what I have heard is that they get OT, so if working hard gets them compensated for it then that is what their appreciation should be. Funny thing being that including me, every single Solution workforce personal is ghosting hours just to keep their projects alive, in hopes to make management happy, or to get promoted, or most common reason for Solution workforce to be ghosting hours is to prevent demeaning behavior received by consulting managers. Which is direct while no one is around, and indirect front of people.
    This behavior is visible to a new hire only if on a larger projects. If you start with smaller project then this all will take some time to be visible, and don’t be surprised if this happens to your starting day one.

It’s really shocking that such a reputable company which constantly stands by their values can be so harsh in treating people from different workforces. I don’t quite understand these High School issues, but it does affect personal, professional life, and self-esteem. Last but not least, the folks who suffer the most within solution workforce are individual with entrepreneurial spirit. That being said, it saddens me to inform that if you read anywhere anything negative about this workforce, then unfortunately most likely it will be true, as it will not just be another dissatisfied employee letting their frustration out.

Rather than watching the show or counting numbers in developing formula to gauge iteration rate, or giving out perm laptops and now pitch long term rates. I would simply work on consolidation because you know what it will take to eliminate the issue. Thankfully now that we are approaching the year 2013, and with recent tremendous success in social media, in terms of raising awareness or creating campaigns I would start taking this issue seriously, because we are taking this issue very seriously like we never have before.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture