Accenture

www.accenture.com

Rapid growth opportunities ... provided you put in the hard work!

Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsI worked for Accenture for five and a half years in the Federal Services group. Many people will tell you that consulting in the Public Service sector gives you a better work/life balance than in the Commercial sector, and I found that to be true. My hours were typically limited to the weekdays (I can maybe recount one time I actually came into work on a weekend), but towards the end of my career, I was working 12-14 hour days.

Accenture is a great place "to launch a career". I found that when I produced quality work, my supervisors found ways to make my career grow. Going from Analyst to Manager in five and a half years is pretty good, by any consulting standard.

ConsAs you are rated against your peers, it can get very competitive, especially as you move up the company. Another issue I had was that I didn't like that I was often limited to working on the "big client accounts", and it was hard to find projects in spaces that I was really interested in (e.g. mobile).

Forward

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Arlon (Belgium)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for less than a year

Pros: Best consulting firm in the world. Cons: Work hard by staying smart. Advice to Senior Management: They should promote faster people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Life as an Intern (System Integration)

Training/Test Developer (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Accenture as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Team Oriented - Fair remuneration - Good knowledge portals for independent learning -… Cons: - Long hours (expect to work around 14 hours daily… Advice to Senior Management: Could provide full-time opportunities for returning interns whom have performed well instead of having… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Accenture.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!