There are newer employer reviews for Acuative

N/A

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Field Service Technician in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Acuative full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great outdoor and on the road work learning experience.

Cons

many hours on the road travling from state to state

N/A

26 Other Employee Reviews for Acuative (View Most Recent)

Small fish but big player!!! Growing.. Growing...

Current Employee - Network Operations in Strongsville, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Network Operations in Strongsville, OH (US)

I have been working at Acuative full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice facility in Ohio. The NOC and Field Engineering groups seem like they are very well ran. Leadership in Ohio is great. Very professional appearance and well received by clients. Company is growing almost too fast.

Cons

The New Jersey decision makers are a little out of touch but have been in business a very long time. No focus on what we really do as a company. Salaries are low and we do have turnover in our NOC and other groups in Ohio. The recruiter that hired me was rude.

Take a good look at your pay structure and get a new recruiter. I had second thoughts about taking this position after I spoke to him. Bad first impression but glad I'm here now.

Could stand to pay there field workers more

Current Employee - Field Tech
    Current Employee - Field Tech

I have been working at Acuative full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Getting paid for 40 hours a week regardless if you work. 16 days off even for first year employee's.

Cons

Company seems to have a glass ceiling in terms of pay for their field engineers. On calls can be brutal and there is demands that you are always available even when you're not on call.

This company does not care if you have a family or if you have children. You are expected to be available for work. I have been doing this as a working father and it has put a ton of strain on my wife. I am now looking for new jobs to move to that will be more family friendly.

Pay your high quality field engineers what they are worth. You seem to constantly forget that people have families by the way you treat your field engineers. Also by not rewarding your field engineers who provide top level work for you it simply makes them want to leave. This is going to continue to cause a brain drain and lower your overall quality of support you provide.

There are newer employer reviews for Acuative