Advance Auto Parts
corp.advanceautoparts.com Roanoke, VA 5000+ Employees

Need new direction

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent pay and I only see my direct supervisor a few times a year so I am able to run the store how I see fit.

ConsLately corporate has been micro-managing the stores. We also use the slogan "Service is our best part." but we never have enough payroll to make that happen. We are more focused on numbers at every level. Our motto used to be "sell more parts, have more fun." Back then it was a funner place to work and the company did better financially. Now we drill down every figure possible. I appreciate having the reports capable of seeing how my team is doing, but putting so much emphasis on it is hurting moral. Also, the computer infrastructure is about 20 years behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to having fun and raising moral and you will see better results in sales. Please quit staffing stores to the minimum hours. If you continue to do this you will have the minimum sales.

Good some days, intolerable others

Retail Sales, MVR, Key Holder (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Advance Auto Parts part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Most of the people I worked with were friendly and somewhat knowledgeable when considering… Cons: If you worked with a team member that had no idea what they were doing, they were making your life more miserable because you'd have… Advice to Senior Management: A large majority of the store managers are very easy to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good but not for long term

Mobile Parts Pro (Current Employee)
Akron, OH (US)

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time for more than a year

Pros: Wonderful working conditions, low stress, easy to keep a job Cons: Low pay, little to no raises, if you want to… Advice to Senior Management: It would be easier to hang on to your good employees if you tried to reward for years of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advance Auto Parts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advance Auto Parts CEO Darren R. Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by Advance Auto Parts employees.