There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Good company if you have little or no ambition.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser  in  Simi Valley, CA (US)
Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Simi Valley, CA (US)

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedules, not micro-managed, nice driving allowance.

Cons

More work than time, repetitive work assignments, low pay.

Create more ways for sales reps to earn additional income.

740 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

Good Career

Current Employee - RSM  in  Council Bluffs, IA (US)
    Current Employee - RSM in Council Bluffs, IA (US)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you like going shopping,talking with people,driving around and getting paid for it,then this Career is for You.

Cons

1.Every company has its politics.
    2.Wish I was getting all my mileage paid.
    3.Bonuses,I'm glad I get a hourly pay.Because I have not seen any Bonus money yet!!!
    4.I feel that when I put the car in reverse in my driveway till the time I put it back in Park in my driveway we should get paid for the start of day and end of day and mileage.My vehicle is my OFFICE.We carry a device that has a GPS in it.BIG BROTHER is watching me all the time,which doesn't bother me cause I do my job.But you do the math.

My managers are top notch to work with

No Time to Find Another Job

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cell phone...I can't get away from.
    Laptop...I can't get away from.
    Vacation Time...I don't have time to take.
    It has been a great way to lose touch with all my family and friends.
    Unbelievable "Work/More Work/NO Life Balance"

Cons

Expected to be at the 24/7 beck and call of my Associates, the two managers above me, and the entire ASM organization in California from housekeeping to CEO. How dare I take a day for myself. If my two managers need a response from their microscopic review of numbers, I'd better have my pizza delivery hat on because they want an answer in 30 minutes or less. If Human Resources sandbags a problem for 2 years and then suddenly has a question for me on my so-called day off, watch out Chicken Little 'cause the sky is falling if I don't contact the Little Princess ASAP.

Senior Management talks a good game at meetings, try putting something in writing and sticking with it, not just that garbage that Sonny has in our ever-changing policy manual. Give us low-level managers something we can count on besides false hopes and lies. If something is to be implemented and it isn't, have the guts to tell us! I am long past the point of relaying anything to my ESs, Leads, and CSs until it is in full operation. You don't have to look my associates in the eye when your grand ideas fall apart after you have told us to spread the news. One last thing, try standing up to HR/Legal every so often, you might find that you have the nerve to actually manage this company!

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!