There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Good company if you have little or no ambition.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Simi Valley, CA (US)
Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Simi Valley, CA (US)

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedules, not micro-managed, nice driving allowance.

Cons

More work than time, repetitive work assignments, low pay.

Create more ways for sales reps to earn additional income.

771 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

No Time to Find Another Job

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cell phone...I can't get away from.
    Laptop...I can't get away from.
    Vacation Time...I don't have time to take.
    It has been a great way to lose touch with all my family and friends.
    Unbelievable "Work/More Work/NO Life Balance"

Cons

Expected to be at the 24/7 beck and call of my Associates, the two managers above me, and the entire ASM organization in California from housekeeping to CEO. How dare I take a day for myself. If my two managers need a response from their microscopic review of numbers, I'd better have my pizza delivery hat on because they want an answer in 30 minutes or less. If Human Resources sandbags a problem for 2 years and then suddenly has a question for me on my so-called day off, watch out Chicken Little 'cause the sky is falling if I don't contact the Little Princess ASAP.

Senior Management talks a good game at meetings, try putting something in writing and sticking with it, not just that garbage that Sonny has in our ever-changing policy manual. Give us low-level managers something we can count on besides false hopes and lies. If something is to be implemented and it isn't, have the guts to tell us! I am long past the point of relaying anything to my ESs, Leads, and CSs until it is in full operation. You don't have to look my associates in the eye when your grand ideas fall apart after you have told us to spread the news. One last thing, try standing up to HR/Legal every so often, you might find that you have the nerve to actually manage this company!

ADVANTAGE Were We Will Take "Advantage" Of You!

Current Employee - Various in Canton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Various in Canton, OH (US)

Pros

They are always hiring.
    They hire anyone almost anyone and alot of times over the phone(depending on division and supervisor)
    You can be a underperformer and keep your job.
    Great at turning a profit as a company.

Cons

Very Low pay.
    Poor to no training.
    Very impersonal company.
    Human resource dept. is terrible.
    No across the board standards are upheld.
    Turn over is huge among associates and mang. (8 supervsors in 2 1/2 yrs.)
    Very Very unorganized.
    The right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing,nor do they care.
    Terrible communication with 99% of upper mang.
    Rasises are unheard of.
    You Must use your own vehicle. 500 miles a week (retail Sales Rep.)
    Mieage reimbursment is $.21 lower than gov. allows which is $.55
    U are Lied to about bonus programs and Sales #'s so you never get the bonus money promised.(unless u cheat and people do,Supervisors included.)
    Advertise higher paying job pay rates than what they actually pay.
    If u have a possition that requires overnight travel(Retail Reset Mechandisers for example) The prefered hotel is Motel 6 or a similar brand as your options very limited in hotel choice.
    You are out of town for weeks and months at a time and only home on the weekends.(Retail Reset Merchandisers for example)
    The allowed expense money while you are on the road comes out of your pocket and you are later reimburst (2-5wks) and its only enough $ to cover one Healthy meal a day.
    You must use your own cell phone.
    You must use your own computer.
    You must buy your own office supplies.
    The company is run off the internet primarily,once hired you rarely see your supervisor if at all.
    In most areas there is not a local office.
    Supervisors typically live hours away and in other states.
    Hours are very sparadic and inconsistent (part time postions)
    Company is not very forthcoming with true job details until hired and then they change from week to week.

The people in the field are your first line of contact with clients. If you treat them poorly consistently it will show in many forms and eventually be the ruin of the compnay. Advantage already has a bad reputation with retailers and its getting worse daily. Take care of your people!

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing