There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Awesome Employer

Current Employee - Quality Management
Current Employee - Quality Management

I have been working at Aetna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, management that is focused on productivity, collaboration and being supportive of each other. Interdepartmental collaboration is a constant focus and we are always improving on what is already a fantastic service delivery system!

Cons

Very little negative to say. They are not doing anything the rest of corporate america isn't already doing right now in a tough economy. Our benefits are not as robust as they were 10 years ago, our pensions have been frozen, benefits reduced, etc. But, again, I have to emphasize that every other large company is doing that and much more right now so, relatively speaking aetna is doing a great job keeping up as best they can.

Keep going the direction you are going! Mark Bertolini is someone this company has needed for many, many years. He knows the direction we need to go and is taking us there now so I have complete faith in management.

529 Other Employee Reviews for Aetna (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Aetna full-time for more than a year

Pros

Teleworking Option is a great resource. It saves in travel time and great for ones that live in areas that there aren't many big companies. There are strict rule about behavior that aid to there being a environment that fosters more trust. There will be no sides taken the rules are the rules. Excellent opportunities for bonuses.

Cons

Wish there were more opportunities to move around but keep the Telework option and sometimes it seems that the job postings are for certain people that are already in mind and not a regular job posting. Scorecards seem to be very complicated. Medical benefits could be a little better (High deductibles)

Accounting Supt

Former Employee - Administration Supt  in  Portland, ME (US)
    Former Employee - Administration Supt in Portland, ME (US)

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Liked people I worked with

Cons

They left State of Maine

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!