There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Awesome Employer

Current Employee - Quality Management
Current Employee - Quality Management

I have been working at Aetna full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, management that is focused on productivity, collaboration and being supportive of each other. Interdepartmental collaboration is a constant focus and we are always improving on what is already a fantastic service delivery system!

Cons

Very little negative to say. They are not doing anything the rest of corporate america isn't already doing right now in a tough economy. Our benefits are not as robust as they were 10 years ago, our pensions have been frozen, benefits reduced, etc. But, again, I have to emphasize that every other large company is doing that and much more right now so, relatively speaking aetna is doing a great job keeping up as best they can.

Keep going the direction you are going! Mark Bertolini is someone this company has needed for many, many years. He knows the direction we need to go and is taking us there now so I have complete faith in management.

559 Other Employee Reviews for Aetna (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Aetna full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Teleworking Option is a great resource. It saves in travel time and great for ones that live in areas that there aren't many big companies. There are strict rule about behavior that aid to there being a environment that fosters more trust. There will be no sides taken the rules are the rules. Excellent opportunities for bonuses.

Cons

Wish there were more opportunities to move around but keep the Telework option and sometimes it seems that the job postings are for certain people that are already in mind and not a regular job posting. Scorecards seem to be very complicated. Medical benefits could be a little better (High deductibles)

Horribly Micro-Managed

Former Employee - Care Manager
    Former Employee - Care Manager

I worked at Aetna full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay was good. Commute not bad. Enjoyed helping the clients which is really what it's all about anyway. Some nice co-workers. Bonuses were nice.

Cons

Very cliqueish & if they don't like you they will gang-up on you or set you up to get into trouble. Worked with many self-absorbed people' saw the good people leave.

Grow some balls.