Airbnb
airbnb.com San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Caught in the middle between satisfied and dissatisfied

Customer Service Team (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

ProsHave met some genuinely nice people and good friendships have formed as a result of working there.

ConsThere's only so much change a person can work with and not feel overwhelmed by. Hyper-focused on constant innovation, which makes it difficult to really know what works for the employees and the customers. I hear a lot of burn out stories and suppose it's affecting my morale too.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the dropping morale among all teams; don't just hear what you want to. Invite conversations about the morale issues and ideas of what you can do to raise it and keep it up.

A frat house with a lot of macs

Current Member of Remote Team (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros: -fabulous product - the ability to help everyday people expand their income and make friends around the world; it's really a wonderful thing that is… Cons: Many employees do not receive health insurance or other standard full-time benefits until 6 to 12 months after they begin work with the company, so… Advice to Senior Management: Hire middle and upper managers that have actual experience managing people and a proven track record of expertise in their field. That is what it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work

Junior Account Executive (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros: Everyone is young and friendly but also extremely smart. Free breakfast, lunch & dinner. Happy hour… Cons: Pay is pretty low and not everyone gets stock options. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Airbnb.

Worked for Airbnb? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Airbnb reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky. All reviews posted anonymously by Airbnb employees.