Alberta Health Services

www.albertahealthservices.ca
  www.albertahealthservices.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Alberta Health Services

Clerk IV

Former Employee - Clerk IV in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Clerk IV in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Alberta Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff! I worked with some of the most dedicated and caring staff that I have ever met. The front line staff are the ones that really do make this organization. I liked my role, but it was one that I carved out for myself.

Cons

Work culture has not great. The management styles were stuck in the past and were a bit outdated. Not much room for advancement. Also, changes were implemented hastily without enough thought and fore planning. There is also a lack of recognition especially for front line staff (at least in my department).

Learn to embrace change and better communication. Be transparent at all levels of the organization. Take the values of the organization and really make it a priority to show these values to all staff at every level as well as the public. Management should come to work thinking how can I better serve my staff and the public, then worry about the bottom line. Not the other way around.

86 Other Employee Reviews for Alberta Health Services (View Most Recent)

Systems Analyst

Current Employee - Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst

I have been working at Alberta Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Health benefits, learning opportunities

Cons

needs a better PA system

So where else are you gonna get a job in a hospital....

I have been working at Alberta Health Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decen't working environment if management heavy now compared to previous smaller regions.

Cons

Attempts to curb waste and mismanagement have resulted in mismanagment and huge vortexes of waste.

Reconsider the "too big to fail" idea behind a huge publi-corporate structure.

There are newer employer reviews for Alberta Health Services