Alberta Health Services

www.albertahealthservices.ca

Clerk IV

Clerk IV (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsGreat staff! I worked with some of the most dedicated and caring staff that I have ever met. The front line staff are the ones that really do make this organization. I liked my role, but it was one that I carved out for myself.

ConsWork culture has not great. The management styles were stuck in the past and were a bit outdated. Not much room for advancement. Also, changes were implemented hastily without enough thought and fore planning. There is also a lack of recognition especially for front line staff (at least in my department).

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to embrace change and better communication. Be transparent at all levels of the organization. Take the values of the organization and really make it a priority to show these values to all staff at every level as well as the public. Management should come to work thinking how can I better serve my staff and the public, then worry about the bottom line. Not the other way around.

Systems Analyst

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alberta Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Health benefits, learning opportunities Cons: needs a better PA system More

So where else are you gonna get a job in a hospital....

I have been working at Alberta Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Decen't working environment if management heavy now compared to previous… Cons: Attempts to curb waste and mismanagement have resulted in mismanagment… Advice to Senior Management: Reconsider the "too big to fail" idea behind a huge… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Alberta Health Services.

Worked for Alberta Health Services? Contribute to the Community!