Alcatel-Lucent
3.2 of 5 1,150 reviews
www.alcatel-lucent.com Paris, France 5000+ Employees

Used to be a great company & industry. Telecom bubble burst & cheaper competition has taken its toll !

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Murray Hill, NJ (US)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits package, proud heritage - Bell Labs, great team & flexible schedule, still has the innovation humming but on a back burner.

ConsCheaper overseas competition & foreign government supported companies has taken its toll on the business. The North American & European economic struggles are certainly not helping. The industry & company continues to struggle ever since the telecom bubble burst in early 2000s.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe number of employees left is the lowest it can go. Invest heavily in the next generation changing technology and own & protect it- innovation is the key to break out of the downward spiral OR acquire enterprise business competitor OR sell the enterprise business.

Its a company with great invention

I have been working at Alcatel-Lucent full-time

Pros: Good people, great product, lead the market with new invention Cons: Giant company tends slow to move Advice to Senior Management: Need to do their big home work before start to… More

Very good company up to 2006, then a never ending collapse

R&D Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: These days, there are none. Company is really bad and is getting worst everyday. It used to be… Cons: Telco is over, not sure what to expect from this business these days. I would rather make a… Advice to Senior Management: Go away from telco, make a drastic change if some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Alcatel-Lucent.

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcatel-Lucent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alcatel-Lucent CEO Michel Combes. All reviews posted anonymously by Alcatel-Lucent employees.