There are newer employer reviews for Alcatel-Lucent

Research engineer at Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs

Former Employee - Research Engineer  in  Paris (France)
Former Employee - Research Engineer in Paris (France)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very interesting research environment, I participated to lots of international projects, which is very stimulating. We have the ability to work for many subjects. International working environment with lots of colleagues and partners from different countries.

Cons

Things for Alcatel-Lucent are not going very well today. Bell Labs is a bit preserved in the storm, but it may not last several years like that! The futur of Bell Labs may be uncertain...

The management should have a more precise vision of the orientation the research should take.

1332 Other Employee Reviews for Alcatel-Lucent (View Most Recent)

I've learned a lot, but not always in the best possible conditions. It is always to tight schedule, feeling behind.

Current Employee - Test Engineer  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Technical diversity, Good benefits, Good environment

Cons

Usually stress/pressure from management, mostly goal oriented.
    Management never cares for people needs, only for the means to achieve the goals.
    Too impersonal.
    You can't get a raise.

Treat people more humanly!

Good, Talented People, Flexible Working Environment, Long, Slow Decline, Poor Morale

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Naperville, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL (US)

I have been working at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people are top-notch. Work flexibility is excellent. In the US, telecommuting is supported, often encouraged. Alcatel-Lucent still has its hand in some interesting work.

Cons

Alcatel-Lucent has been in decline for over a decade - beset by a continuing series of project cancellations and pull-backs. As a result, there have been no raises for years and an occasional bonus here or there. Layoffs are a regular occurrence. Therefore, the workforce is below critical mass in many areas and is aging. As a result, employee morale is low.

The same cycle of cutting back on funding and resources across the board to improve the bottom line isn't working. Some hard decisions need to be made regarding what markets we need to stay in and then significant investments need to be made to allow us to be competitive. Also, we tend to be much too late in entering new markets. We need to focus on value-add in those situations instead of taking on the big players head on (when they have such a significant head-start).

There are newer employer reviews for Alcatel-Lucent

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!