Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Allstate Insurance. Great work environment

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Great job, great management, great office

Cons

No room for growth or advancement

1315 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Great Training

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Allstate full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Offered paid licensing and about 4 months of paid classroom training - you will not get this kind of training anywhere else. I felt fully prepared to perform my job when I finally went to the floor.

The culture is very friendly and team-oriented.

Cons

These are just personal preference things, but I wasn't crazy about the call center environment and shift work. And not having 2 days off in a row sucks.

Most stressful years of my life

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Rochester, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Rochester, NY (US)

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I started the people who worked there were of very high quality character and were very professional. The training wasn't bad for a company of its size. Good amount of vacation time.

Cons

The work was the most stressful job I've ever had. It's bad enough to deal with angry people on the phone all day, but to be constantly held to unrealistic measurements internally and generally treated like a number by management just put it over the top as unbearable. Long hours because they do not keep the offices properly staffed for the amount of work that comes in. If you tried to discuss ways to make the company better, you could be sure to hear "If you don't like it here you're free to leave anytime". Glad I took that advice.

I was a good employee, I won the distinguished performance award a couple times. Even I felt like I wasn't appreciated because of the horrible way many of my coworkers were treated by management above the local office. Forcing out good workers because they made too much money and replacing them with seemingly anyone who applied was enough proof that no matter how good I was doing, my time would come and I'd be treated the same way.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate