Altria
www.altria.com Richmond, VA 5000+ Employees

An overall enjoyable experience

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I worked at Altria full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe role of a Territory Sales Manager provided great work / life balance and great benefits (profit sharing, health insurance, vehicle, education reimbursement) The employees are a great bunch of people who really pull together to support each other.

ConsCigarettes, 80% of their business, is an ever declining market which has created an atmosphere of no job security. There is also a major lack of focus in HQ and they are very disconnected to the field sales force which causes a lot of duplicate work in the field.
There is NO opportunity for advancement unless you can move. They make sure of that during the training phase by sending people out of the region to be trained elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow where you are going and what you are doing before you send out initiatives to the sales force: Millions of dollars are wasted in man hours and resources being thrown out in the trash. You need to listen to the people in the field, not just go through the motions of pulling 15 people together at HQ and not even have someone from upper management there.

Amazing experience that can't be beat

I have been working at Altria as an intern

Pros: Salary, company car, vacation, people Cons: pressure by team leaders to sell more Advice to Senior Management: they're awesome Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company is too focused on young employees. Unrealistic monthly projects.

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Bedminster, NJ (US)

I have been working at Altria full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: competitve salary, company car, health insurance, profit sharing Cons: In order to be promoted, a TSM must be willing to relocate. Many seasoned employees are not able to relocate. The company is… Advice to Senior Management: As more and more of the seasoned employees retire, this company is moving in the wrong direction. For all of the "smarts" that the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Altria.

Worked for Altria? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Altria reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Altria CEO Martin J. Barrington. All reviews posted anonymously by Altria employees.