Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Fast-paced energic company with complex architecture

Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsI work with some of the best engineers that I've seen. Company not too hierarchical. Good work is highly recognized. Ideas are listened to. Technical decisions are made with careful analysis.

ConsToo many meetings. Too much email. Open space. Frugality. Sometimes work is not very engaging. Suffers from being too large. Internal tools sometimes a nightmare to work with. Specialization is difficult. Too much on-call duty.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest on better tools, with better documentation. Deprecate old things. Strive for good simple designs. Encourage specialization.

Great if you love constant competition

Vendor Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: the ability to impact your business quickly and in an action oriented… Cons: constant competition breeds need for everyone to want to be 'right' in the room and be the first person with the answer stack ranking of employees… Advice to Senior Management: stop stack ranking your employees and breeding an environment of… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Intense company. Intelligent and dedicated people

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Stock keeps going up :) Get to learn a lot from team mates. Great managers (for the most part) You can take… Cons: on call job can be stress full at times a lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Get support engineers for all teams. There is no good justification for hiring expensive software engineers and making them do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!