Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Software Development Engineer

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsInteresting and challenging problems to solve, good mobility, plenty of opportunity to improve and challenge yourself. Amazon is "a tech company that just happens to do e-commerce", and so developers are first class citizens and the business revolves around delivering technology.

ConsThe fast environment can lead to high pressure that is not for everyone, and higher turnover means less people which means more pressure (but also more opportunity).

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter sprint and project planning tools would help us be more productive.

Does not hesitate to over-work employees...

Database Administrator (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Smart people all around keeping you on toes. - Culture of thinking out of box. - Tough milestones to achieve… Cons: - pathetic work-life balance. - in the name of frugality , they do some cheap and mean things like choose a facility in the remotest corner… Advice to Senior Management: An employee's work ownership does not make the employee a work-horse which can keep running without any pause. Learn to recognize… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst job I had

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros: You have chance to learn new things Cons: Amazon is a good place for young people but not… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!