Awesome!!!! place to work

Current Employee - ICQA PA  in  Middletown, DE (US)
Current Employee - ICQA PA in Middletown, DE (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

great workplace specially with my co-workers

Cons

nothing got yet...good for me lol

Other Reviews for Amazon.com

Wonderful company culture, pretty good pay and benefits, chance of poor work/life balance

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at Amazon is smart and fun to work with and do not subscribe to the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) that plagues software so big ideas can be followed through on. Compensation is generous with a salary, signing bonus, and restricted stock units. Hard work seems to rewarded with promotions and stock options, I have not been at the company long enough to have had my own experience with this.

Cons

Different teams at Amazon have wildly different experiences, which range from poor to awesome. Some teams have operational issues that basically turn their SDE's into highly paid support engineers that grinds software development to a halt and destroys work life balance due to every SDE having occasional 24-hour "on-call" duties. This is not the case on my current team, but definitely a risk for anyone taking a job at Amazon.

Hire support engineers. SDE's maintaining their own software to promote quality sounds like a good idea, except employee turnover and role changing is high enough that most of the bad software teams are supporting was created by someone else.

Fast changing, high pressure

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Amazon has an independent work culture. The teams work cohesively but only with full independence. Assistance from team members is another plus.
    Other pros:
    cross functional
    international exposure

Cons

Amazon has a system where your team has a huge impact on your experience.
    If you're a bit out of luck, the work place can become slightly more demanding than usual.
    Working hours can be a ted too much to handle.

World's most customer centric company needs to take good care of its employees too.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!