Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,792 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Good Solid Company to work for but employee work performance seems to be only based on your production rates.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time

ProsAmazon.com is a very solid company growing larger every day with a lot of potential for advancement and a long career.
Very good benefits...

ConsIn my opinion, the biggest con of working at Amazon.com was Amazons production rates system - you have to meet a minimum rate of work which is ,of course, understandable because items have to be stocked on the shelves and orders need to get shipped out to customers but it's constantly thrown at you from team leads/managers,"get your rate up!" I feel that Amazon gets a little over zealous with rates...
Amazon.com uses a point system for being absent, tardy and clocking out early/clocking in late etc. If you accumulate a total of 6 points, Amazon.com will terminate you (unless you have a doctors excuse, etc.) The point system didn't effect me as I went to work every day and was always (and always have been) punctual to my jobs but it really bugged me. I know that employers have to put rules in place to hold their employees accountable and force employees to be responsible but instead of feeling like a valued employee It made me feel like I was in the 6th grade...

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't forget about your hard working associates who may not have the highest rates but are always there working hard giving it their all to do the very best job they can do, thank you...

It is a great place to work!

Software Development Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: I am impressed by what I have seen in Amazon so far. it is very efficient and well managed. The sense of ownership and customer… Cons: The ramp up curve is big. It usually takes about … Advice to Senior Management: It is a challenge to grow so fast but still… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst job I had

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros: You have chance to learn new things Cons: Amazon is a good place for young people but not… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.