There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Good Solid Company to work for but employee work performance seems to be only based on your production rates.

I worked at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

Amazon.com is a very solid company growing larger every day with a lot of potential for advancement and a long career.
Very good benefits...

Cons

In my opinion, the biggest con of working at Amazon.com was Amazons production rates system - you have to meet a minimum rate of work which is ,of course, understandable because items have to be stocked on the shelves and orders need to get shipped out to customers but it's constantly thrown at you from team leads/managers,"get your rate up!" I feel that Amazon gets a little over zealous with rates...
Amazon.com uses a point system for being absent, tardy and clocking out early/clocking in late etc. If you accumulate a total of 6 points, Amazon.com will terminate you (unless you have a doctors excuse, etc.) The point system didn't effect me as I went to work every day and was always (and always have been) punctual to my jobs but it really bugged me. I know that employers have to put rules in place to hold their employees accountable and force employees to be responsible but instead of feeling like a valued employee It made me feel like I was in the 6th grade...

Please don't forget about your hard working associates who may not have the highest rates but are always there working hard giving it their all to do the very best job they can do, thank you...

3692 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Awesome place! Very smart people

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

very smart people who care about the company vision and the end customer. Leaders in ecommerce so obviously a lot to learn from one of the best in this space.

Cons

can't really think of anything. I guess as it gets bigger there are the inherent dangers with size that may impact culture but didn't see much in my time at least.

continue doing what you do - focusing on the end customer

Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great product to work for
    great and passionate people to work with

Cons

All directions and decisions are being made in Seattle, or if you are lucky, in Luxembourg - so you might have a say in it (i frankly never had)
    Actual results do not matter, just show off, change some numbers and you will be a star
    If you are bad, you will be treated badly. If you are good, you'll get more work, and probably will be treated less badly
    The training are made by in house employees who want to train. You want to learn SQL? good - let me train you. If you want external training - you'll have a bad time
    Frugality is one of the cornerstones of Amazon. But if you get a cheap laptop, no training, less budget to hire people ... it's just frustrating and makes you inefficient

Frugality is blocking a lot of work and creates frustration. Ease up
    Listen to your employees - and if you listen, do care
    Do not reward arrogance