Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

manager

Current Employee - Manager in Allentown, PA (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Allentown, PA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

start you off with great sign on bonus and benefits, relocation company they use is great, and the stock options are great.

Cons

too many to list, no home work balance, growth potential too slow unless you uproot your family again. This is the reason the turnover rate at amazon is so high, will they ever get it?

open your eyes and promote the people worth promoting, if they would stop moving people around every 2 months then the growth of managers would actually be seen.

3860 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Great for people without college

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

3 days off per week

Cons

Communication very poor
    very young managers
    do not promote from within as much as they could
    Feel like cattle being herded
    Some managers treat hourly workers like children and with disrespect
    I am a college graduate and tried move up but their communication and interview processes were so poorly run that I left and much happier at company where I am respected and valued

The training is a joke
    Managers need more mentoring (young and old) not just those right out of collegE
    Procedural changes n red to be better communicated

Sales Manager

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Recruiters are polite, thorough, very organized. Schedule phone screenings and any additional phone interviews as needed. You are given sufficient time to ask and/or email all questions and I found HR to be quite helpful in the early stages. It is a lengthy process , however they are clear about this upfront.

Cons

Mid Managers are not impressive. Don't like to be questioned or challeneged. For the most part , the are not "experts" in their fields and designated markets. I was actually surprised as to how little experience middle to upper management had in certain departments, given the amount of interviewing and screening required before one is even made an offer to join a team. That said, certain areas are definitely better places to work than others. Not a fan of the sales leadership/division and do not recommend working there.

If you expect the best from people you hire, you should in turn provide the best management and leadership possible. Lead by example.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com