Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Awesome place! Very smart people

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

very smart people who care about the company vision and the end customer. Leaders in ecommerce so obviously a lot to learn from one of the best in this space.

Cons

can't really think of anything. I guess as it gets bigger there are the inherent dangers with size that may impact culture but didn't see much in my time at least.

continue doing what you do - focusing on the end customer

3947 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Awesome!!!! place to work

Current Employee - ICQA PA in Middletown, DE (US)
    Current Employee - ICQA PA in Middletown, DE (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great workplace specially with my co-workers

Cons

nothing got yet...good for me lol

Wonderful company culture, pretty good pay and benefits, chance of poor work/life balance

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone at Amazon is smart and fun to work with and do not subscribe to the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) that plagues software so big ideas can be followed through on. Compensation is generous with a salary, signing bonus, and restricted stock units. Hard work seems to rewarded with promotions and stock options, I have not been at the company long enough to have had my own experience with this.

Cons

Different teams at Amazon have wildly different experiences, which range from poor to awesome. Some teams have operational issues that basically turn their SDE's into highly paid support engineers that grinds software development to a halt and destroys work life balance due to every SDE having occasional 24-hour "on-call" duties. This is not the case on my current team, but definitely a risk for anyone taking a job at Amazon.

Hire support engineers. SDE's maintaining their own software to promote quality sounds like a good idea, except employee turnover and role changing is high enough that most of the bad software teams are supporting was created by someone else.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com