Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Three years I'll never get back - and no I haven't been fired, I just wanna leave..

Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me! (Current Employee) Dudelange (Luxembourg)

ProsPackage WITH CAVEATS: The stock is pretty decent for the first couple of years, then it overperforms and you're like totally screwed ("it's not our fault we did so well" cry the fat cats)
Some people are really decent and they try super hard.

ConsThe tech is substandard, I mean it's hard sometimes to just get the basics done without raising ticket after ticket
The processes are ludicrous (and - worse - inefficient)
Complete diregard for people's lives - work and social (most of us are pretty young, we need to live a little outside of work - I see little of the 'work hard' ethic)
The salary is poor for such an expensive, dreary place to live

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach guys. It's about time to wake up and smell your substandard coffee: Amazon is no longer a startup but a (tenuously profitable, true) multi billion dollar business thats been around for almost 20 years. Stop hiding behind cool slogans and 'leadership principles' that you don't represent and use as an excuse not to spend money. Grow up. If you can't spend because profits are so poor, then rethink your strategy.

Innovative company, smart people, no work-life balance

Category Leader (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Amazon employs the best and the brightest, the culture is… Cons: The Director-level management and above simply do not care how many hours you work or about development. They are managers, not leaders. Many of… Advice to Senior Management: Understand the value of productive employees with industry knowledge instead of hiring “smart people to figure it out”. MIT grads don’t’ have practical experience and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Fast paced, Challenging

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

Pros: Fast paced, start up feel, loads of work to do Very… Cons: No particular cons to note - the pros should give… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!