Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Three years I'll never get back - and no I haven't been fired, I just wanna leave..

Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me! (Current Employee) Dudelange (Luxembourg)

ProsPackage WITH CAVEATS: The stock is pretty decent for the first couple of years, then it overperforms and you're like totally screwed ("it's not our fault we did so well" cry the fat cats)
Some people are really decent and they try super hard.

ConsThe tech is substandard, I mean it's hard sometimes to just get the basics done without raising ticket after ticket
The processes are ludicrous (and - worse - inefficient)
Complete diregard for people's lives - work and social (most of us are pretty young, we need to live a little outside of work - I see little of the 'work hard' ethic)
The salary is poor for such an expensive, dreary place to live

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach guys. It's about time to wake up and smell your substandard coffee: Amazon is no longer a startup but a (tenuously profitable, true) multi billion dollar business thats been around for almost 20 years. Stop hiding behind cool slogans and 'leadership principles' that you don't represent and use as an excuse not to spend money. Grow up. If you can't spend because profits are so poor, then rethink your strategy.

Great and exciting place to work!

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

Pros: A very strongly shared culture and ethos, great growth potential for the company and personally. A matrix organisation… Cons: Not many people are going to say "thank you" or "well done",… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

amazon is a horrible place to work

Picker (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com part-time for less than a year

Pros: they are just good in price and they treat customer… Cons: this is place is too much pressure to work especially in pick department, they push you too hard to make atleast 100 items per hour… Advice to Senior Management: management they need to listen to their employees and lower the minimum… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!