Stealing their way to the top - one overpriced book at a time

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

fast paced, fun, 4 day week, new and improved onsite coaching, weekly pay, paid training

Cons

bell model based land grabbers with lacking personality skills, even if you work hard and know you are working hard, HR will make it their responsibility to find you a position where you can
struggle so they can follow company model of keeping the majority of their employees off the books. great for a young person. still in conflict over their original lease agreement since day one.
unable or unwilling to pay corporate debts to original investors.

smile, you have a job

Other Reviews for Amazon.com

manager

Current Employee - Manager  in  Allentown, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Allentown, PA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

start you off with great sign on bonus and benefits, relocation company they use is great, and the stock options are great.

Cons

too many to list, no home work balance, growth potential too slow unless you uproot your family again. This is the reason the turnover rate at amazon is so high, will they ever get it?

open your eyes and promote the people worth promoting, if they would stop moving people around every 2 months then the growth of managers would actually be seen.

Was better before all the changes

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III  in  Grand Forks, ND (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Grand Forks, ND (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly coworkers and relaxed environment. Pay and benefits are great, hard to find another job that meets what they offer in this area. Work from Home opportunities

Cons

*Training needs to be changed. When I first started training was in depth and I hit the floor knowing what I was doing. With the past few positions I've taken, training has been minimal and I feel completely unprepared for the job at hand.

* Work from home staff gets forgotten and left out of on site functions.

* Monthly internet allowance of $25 doesn't cover half of my internet or phone bill.

* Leadership needs to be available more often and monitor the team members available time

* Huge amount of favoritism

* Under appreciated

* Company is micro-managed and has grown a lot faster than it seems can be handled at times

Pay attention to your team. Make sure people are in avail when they should be and treat everyone on the team fairly. Don't offer special treatment to people or single out others just because you're buddies with them. This leaves workers on the phones short handed and feeling angry towards their leadership. Offer more to Work From Home. This is a large part of your company in Grand Forks, make sure we feel appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!