Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Overworked and not cared for

Former Employee - SDE2  in  Seattle, WA (US)
Former Employee - SDE2 in Seattle, WA (US)

Pros

Career builder. You will be in the cutting edge of todays technology.

Cons

Overworked and you have no life while you work for Amazon. The rare cases of people staying with them for longer than 4 years are actually the ones that have learned how to work the internal system.

Empower the SDE-s. Don't look after M$ b/c you will end up like them.

Other reviews for Amazon.com

I did summer intern in Amazon

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

Pros

The experience is good. Nice company, nice office, nice people. They have special events for summer interns.

Cons

You need to report your work everyday.

Hard working, smart people, cool projects

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Pros

At Amazon you are surrounded by the most intelligent, creative, problem solving, hard working people from all over the globe. The people are truly amazing. The people are definitely why the company is so successful.

Cons

It feels like Amazon grew too fast, they have some archaic practices that make some day to day things unbearable. It also felt at times the culture was very fear based. I was told I was doing well, but it seemed clear that the consequences would be dire if anything went awry. I also have never worked so many hours in my life - I went into that job with my eyes open, but still was unprepared. I think that goes back to the fear based environment. It is a cool company, with crazy smart people I was glad to work next to, and I am glad they are in Seattle, employing so many people and contributing to a good local economy, but I was so happy to have my weekends AND nights back after leaving.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!