There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

A lot of technical questions.

Cons

Sort of a slow process.

3488 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

It's not perfect, but it's pretty good

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazon is a great place to learn from smart people, particularly at our remote development site. There's a lot of opportunity for motivated engineers to learn a lot about all aspects of software development and make a direct difference to the business.

Cons

Opportunities for promotion or different work are limited at our remote development site. And dealing with people in other sites is a common source of stress.

"Think big" is a core competency at Amazon. Senior management may be thinking big, but it would be nice if they shared more about the vision with us as it's not always clear.

Exciting yet challenging environment with very high intensity

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very smart development staff implementing academic computer science solutions to meet incredibly large scale of data and transactions.

Cons

Very intense environment requiring huge commitment without any room for work/life balance. Say goodbye to your family and any hobbies during your tenure.

Stack ranking places peers in direct competition, limiting collaboration among individuals as well as teams. Managers hold absolute sway over their reports. Abandon stack ranking.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!