There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Its fun

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

great work culture,highly challenging,learning a lot

Cons

no cons as for now

3697 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Average internship project, average team spirit

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

* The free cereals bar...
    * No income tax in WA
    * Pretty city
    * Amazon is right next to the lake
    * Scale of the problems
    * Decent salary

Cons

* Seattle is terribly rainy and only suited for families
    * Some amount of bitch-job giving
    * No free corporate restaurant (vs. what is done in CA)

What You'd Expect from #1

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-You're working at the #1 online retailer in the world, thus many of the projects you work on are truly meaningful and rewarding.
    -You're working with tons of other passionate, overachiever, type-A, business geniuses who genuinely care about the success of the company. Lots of employees are loyal Amazon customers and are working to ensure that the company continues to provide great selection, prices, and customer service. I learned so much from my colleagues, and they inspired me every day.
    -The new campus is a great working environment. There are tons of dining options nearby, in a variety of price ranges. Parking (if you can land a subsidized spot in a garage) is pretty affordable, dogs are allowed in the buildings, which makes for a relaxing midday break, lots of offices have views of the water, the Space Needle, or the mountains, and there's easy access to downtown, Capitol Hill, or Queen Anne.
    -Compensation is top-notch. You work hard, yes, but Amazon compensates handsomely in return for all that stress and 60-hour workweeks.

Cons

-Amazon can be a pressure-cooker sometimes. It's often extremely stressful, especially during Q4. Plan on having your work email and calendar on your smartphone, and plan on getting urgent emails from upper management in the evenings, weekends, during holidays, you name it. You're expected to be unofficially on-call 24 hours a day.
    -Advancement here is notoriously difficult, especially in the lower-level jobs. I've known dozens of employees who spent 5+ years in the same job, even with excellent reviews.

Overall I think Amazon is a fantastic place to work, especially for those hired on as mid-level or senior management. Keep it up!

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com