There are newer employer reviews for Amdocs

Employees are disposable- layoffs occur even when company is doing well.

Current Employee - Software Development Expert in Chesterfield, MO (US)
Current Employee - Software Development Expert in Chesterfield, MO (US)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible scheduling, benefits are good

Cons

high stress, many assignments that are outside your skill set, expected to work many hours, constant fear of being laid off. Employees are not provided backup workers, and expected to work on vacations.

Show more concern for employees and their stress levels, treat as more than just a means to make money. The appraisal system is awful, all employees should not be rated as average.

1123 Other Employee Reviews for Amdocs (View Most Recent)

Meeting multinationals

Current Employee - SME (Trainee) in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - SME (Trainee) in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Met important networking contacts, gave me knowledge to work with Telecom and, to work in rivals (they pay good money)

Cons

My con will be about Amdocs Brazil.
    Salary, career, exploration (In case, they hold all students as trainee, even if he/she do a Senior's Work. Not saying in Brazil they only pay extras on weekends, but make you work overtime in week with no payment. also, bodyshop them to clients as Seniors SME, I saw a contract once)

Business is a two-way street. Bad payment in no time will equal to bad service.

Management run Amok

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bath, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bath, England (UK)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Basic salary is fine.
    Conservative financial management with large cash reserves, means company doesn't have to be reactionary to minor blips and issues.

Cons

Horrifically bureaucratic with process out-weighing function in every aspect.
    Technical ability/innovation completely unvalued both for the people with it and those trying to gain it.
    Very Israeli-centric
    No respect for work-life balance. I accept that occasionally in IT there will be 'crunch' times, but this is ridiculous.

Identify the core people that produce things that customers actually pay you for.
    Shed 2/3 of the rest of the company. If you're in doubt as to what to retain, ask the people actually delivering what support they need and retain those that give it or try to. You're currently paying people to hinder them and just letting the excellent people resign and walk away. Basically you might have noticed top->down isn't working, so how about trying it the other way.

When things go wrong, dive right down to the bottom to understand why and fix the issues (or not, it's your company). Please, don't just shuffle interchangeable managers/departments around every year and wonder why nothing improves. It's insulting to me and makes you look foolish to us.

There are newer employer reviews for Amdocs