American Heart Association

www.heart.org
  www.heart.org
There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association

Does great work, but was overworked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You are helping save lives. There are many departments that allow work from home. There are very talented people working there, many of whom have been there for a long time. Depending on the role, it could be very satisfying. The interview process consists of very long interviews, so be prepared.

Cons

The hours! The workload was never ending and frankly unreasonable. There was no bonuses during my last 2 years due to the economy, and you are reviewed constantly (bi-annually, plus peer reviews, 360 reviews). The workload was due to never ending, understaffed projects.

225 Other Employee Reviews for American Heart Association (View Most Recent)

The WORST ORGANIZATION I've EVER worked for

I worked at American Heart Association full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hours of 37.5 and getting paid for 40, if you can manage to work less than 50 a week and not be criticized constantly. The office does close for 2 weeks in the winter though you are expected to work. This is across all departments so I guess it's not really a pro per say.

Cons

Management is terrible. No one cares about you as a person and you are simply a number. I have seen them fire hard working management who have been here 10 plus years simply because they didn't play in the sandbox and treat their employees like total dog meat.

Take value in your employees and volunteers before someone that matters gets tired of it.

Administrative Assitant

Current Employee - Administrative Associate
    Current Employee - Administrative Associate

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great health benefits and a lot of paid time off. The mission is powerful and you're able to feel good about your work.

Cons

Administrative associates in the Midwest affliates are thought of as second class citizens. It is possible for very few associates to be promoted. Even then, you're still treated as an administrative associate.

There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association