Ameriprise

www.ameriprise.com

Great place to work. Excellent

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  San Angelo, TX (US)
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Angelo, TX (US)

Pros

Great corporate office support staff

Cons

none that I can think of

Other reviews for Ameriprise

Great place to work. Period.

Former Employee - Advisor Assistant  in  Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Advisor Assistant in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Pros

Great People in all areas

Cons

Some stupid people, as to be expected

Stop outsourcing customer service, and promoting VA's.

Know Your Worth, because Ameriprise doesn't.

Current Employee - CSC Client Service Center  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - CSC Client Service Center in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Pros

Headquarters has more professional environment and opportunities than the CSC - Client Service Center.

Cons

Ameriprise Financial, CSC- Client Service Center, MInneapolis, MN

Fake, fear-based, culture. Most team leaders and directors take an extremely disingenuous approach to team members so pervasive that it has almost completely contaminated my colleagues ( in other words, a lot of people come across phony, like they are acting the "Pro Ameriprise Brand. " )

The overall mood most people have is , "Look, this is just a job, I don't really care about any of this, but let's just do our best to pretend to be really excited about these "Dream it, Do It" financial services we provide but can't afford to invest in ourselves. "

The most challenging aspect of working at Ameriprise , the #1 Con, is trying to motivate yourself to care about work that you feel your own leader/director/direct report doesn't really care about. There is simply no heart in the work.

Maybe some of the negativity is because it's hard to relate to our very wealthy, affluent clients. Unfortunately, what happens when you don't have Heart, when you don't have anything Real to work with or for, when you don't have a personal, relatable company mission and vision to love and believe in... then all that is left is " Me, Me, Me, 'Get out of my way' I will do whatever I have to do to climb this ladder , and doing good, creative, intelligent work doesn't get rewarded here so I will do whatever I have to do to appear better than my coworkers."

Compensate people for their contributions by $$ Paying $$ them what they are worth. When someone wants to become more than what they are, whether it is by approving tuition reimbursement that will help a determined associate achieve the position they are working towards ( vs only approving a class that is related to their "current position," whether it is challenging and supporting a team member to advance in band and position, or whether it is recognizing their performance with leadership opportunities and a comparable salary that reflects their achievements. Keep employees Moving. Help employees get to where they want to go and become More than who they are. Compensate with a competitive salary and bonus, compensate the people who work smart and create change, vs rewarding your own private network of friends, your golfing buddies, the person who exaggerates her contributions or the guy on team who puts on the perfect corporate schmooze and show. Ameriprise can have any product but it is only as good as its people. Respect your people because one by one, you are losing the Best. Because, ironically, you choose not to invest.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameriprise.

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!