There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Amazing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  State College, PA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA (US)

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Best Ever in the world.

Cons

Best! Crazy good in every way

Great job. Keep it up.

3720 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

A great job with an incredible atmosphere but lousy pay for the work you have to do.

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The management team is by far the best I have ever worked with. Your coworkers are some incredibly interesting people, and you are constantly surrounded by the energy and excitement of both customers and employees.

Cons

Apple's rhetoric on the value of its employees falls short. Opportunities for development are highly competitive and there is a tendency for favoritism. Even full time employees find it very difficult to pay their bills on a very modest lifestyle.

Stand up for the wellbeing of your employees. A full-time mobile technician should not have to rely on food stamps to feed his or her children. Hold your own supervisors to the first tenant of the company's credo.

A retail opportunity unlike any other

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Apple

Pros

There are some real opportunities for rapid growth at Apple. There really is. That makes this job, in my opinion, the best retail experience you can have. I came into Apple without ANY retail experience and I'm now confident enough with it that I really could take on any kind of retail sales experience. If you enjoy staying busy, being surrounded with questions coming from many different ways and being part of a company that has arguably the most in-demand technology in the world, Apple is an amazing place to work. With that said, it's a tough place to leave because people end up getting so emotionally connected to the benefits of working for such a profitable, growing and family-oriented company. I love every minute of it.

Cons

Because Apple products are always incredibly innovative and well designed, there is an incredible demand for them. The retail stores are essentially the "face of Apple" therefore they are thee only places many people know to get their Apple products. What this means with a job at Apple is that you will ALWAYS be busy, you will ALWAYS be pressed to work more hours and you will find it VERy difficult to get time off. For instance, I once requested the week BEFORE Thanksgiving off 5 MONTHS in advance, and wasn't approved for it. It's tough but logical. Apple has tried to accomodate by hiring more staff but unfortunately Apple cannot seem to hire enough people as the demand just continues to grows at an unbelievable pace.

Apple retail management does an incredible job of offering what they call "Fearless Feedback" to employees. They also give many opportunities for growth and training internally. There is always more than enough time for both of those items. Like I said before though, the stores stay incredibly busy and it's not going to stop. There needs to be at least 15-20 more people hired per store so that we can stay ahead of the curve and so that we can take care of all customers that need assistance. The real part of Apple retail is customer experience, no sales. It's having your customers leave impressed, all of their questions answered and excited to come back in the future knowing that they'd get the same experience. Recently I've seen a huge decrease in this because there is simply is not enough staff to take care of everyone that needs help. The on again and off again rushes and demand that retail stores see needs to be modified and made consistant with Apples true vision: something that "Just Works". The retail stores work to an extent but the end-to-end customer experience is dwindling fast.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!