AroundCampus

www.aroundcampusgroup.com

Amazing opportunity for professional growth and development

Current Employee - Regional Manager  in  Chapel Hill, NC (US)
Current Employee - Regional Manager in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

Pros

As a sales rep, you learn first hand how to be successful working B2B and handling yourself professionally. If you get to return for a second summer as an ASM, you have the opportunity to travel and experience multiple college campuses while getting invaluable experience as a manager and motivator. All of the managers have done the internship position before, and are always eager to give advice and help you out if you ask.

Cons

It's hard work and not at all an easy job, you'll hear "no" a lot. There are a lot of challenges and sometimes failures, but you can learn a lot from it.

Other reviews for AroundCampus

Not what I was promised at the interview.

Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor

Pros

I met some very nice students and worked with an amazing team. Really liked the training we got before the sales internship started.

Cons

My manager did not know much about my territory. I was in a "dangerous" environment, walking around and trying to sell. The territories were supposed to be divided evenly so everyone had a fair share, but they were not. It was extremely hot, we had no central location to meet and got parking tickets because we were downtown, very little assistance or aid after we started. I was never told we would be doing cold calls.....

Definitely spend more time looking into the territories you are sending students out to. The pay is not enough for the time and dedication this job takes on a daily basis. Maybe have a regional manager work with students during the first week, or someone who has done the internship before and was successful. Try to keep moral up. The hardest part was making it through the hot summer days dealing with rude customers.

I enjoyed my summer working there because I loved the people, but I don't think I walked away with good experience

Former Employee - Customer Relations Service Intern  in  Chapel Hill, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Service Intern in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

Pros

Great customer service experience
    Gain an understanding of sales without having to do it yourself
    Great people to work with
    Learn a lot about time management and multitasking

Cons

Low pay
    Frustrating because others may put in less effort and receive the same rewards
    Not a very difficult or challenging internship

Hire less interns and pay more... they will get the work done. There is a lack of motivation to do the various tasks with the amount of effort desired by management

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus.

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!