There are newer employer reviews for Asiana Airlines

Good place to Start

I have been working at Asiana Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like it or not you will learn lots of things. Good place to start and expand your future else where.

Cons

Not much for what you have to do.

Provide better incentive program in the US. Wages needs to be more competitive.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Asiana Airlines (View Most Recent)

Don't Bother if you have a Bachelor's Degree

I have been working at Asiana Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's an easy routine day job.

Cons

Upper management does not care for the local branch employees

It's unfortunate only the HQ employees receive better entitlements with salary.

They say top quality service in reality it's a lot of smokes and mirrors.

Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent  in  Jamaica, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY (US)

I worked at Asiana Airlines part-time for less than a year

Pros

The biggest benefit that comes with working for Asiana Airlines is dealing with a wide variety of people. You meet a lot of people as you work at JFK Terminal 4. From TSA Security Agents, and other airline personnel, you get to meet a lot of people.

The airline teaches you to deal with a lot of different passengers and other people. Working as a Passenger service agent really taught me a lot on improving on people skills. This job was rewarding because I got to meet a lot of wonderful people.

Cons

The cons are that you are working with a bunch of Korean people who are used to the Korean work force mentality. The Korean company work force mentality is "work and no complain"... in other words, you do what you're told and you don't say a word about it. The company has no way to file a grievance and violates overtime policies. When I was relieved, I had absolutely no way on filing a grievance. I was simply handed a letter, with no way to voice my opinions.

The management at the JFK office are almost all corrupted and unfriendly. The company may teach our agents to "give top quality service" but in reality, that the management at JFK does not abide by the company guidelines for providing top quality service. To make themselves and their work environment more comfortable, they give up on providing quality service to our passengers.

Although I found working at the airline to be a pleasure (because of some coworkers), I felt that I was in prison for most of the time I was here.

You really need to look at who ACTUALLY does their work and who REALLY tries to satisfy the passengers. Just because someone had a conflict with another employee because they wanted to provide a passenger with high quality service is not ground for them to be relieved of their duties.

The reason why SO MANY employees resign is BECAUSE the management at JFK treats us like garbage. The JFK office are complete hypocrites to the company morals and policies.

There are newer employer reviews for Asiana Airlines

Worked for Asiana Airlines? Contribute to the Community!