Austin Industries

www.austin-ind.com

Great Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

I can't imagine working for a better company than Austin. This company truly embodies the true spirit of employee owenership.

Cons

Senior Management have been here for years on end. It takes some time to get some upward movement within the company, but well worth the way.

Speak more openly to the employees about plans for career growth - be honest & open about opportunities, or lack thereof.

Other reviews for Austin Industries

Austin will be a great company for another 100 years

Former Employee - Management  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Management in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Austin is an ethical company in a tough industry. The never take short cuts or give their clients less than they pay for. Austin is employee owned which gives it a huge advantage over public companies. They don't have to chase performance every quarter and can actually make decisions based on what is best in the long run. They are an open shop which makes them more price competitive. They are able to retain their best people by shifting them to the various projects in backlog. The management team is very experienced and has lived through the bad times with grace and dignity.

Cons

The only down side of working for Austin was upward mobility. While it is a relatively large construction company, the corporate staff is pretty small so there aren't many positions in the first place. Given the significant tenure of the team it was hard to move up very far. There was nothing really wrong with that because the people above me were very compitent. I simply didn't see any upward mobility for many years to come and given that I was realatively early in my career (I worked there for 10 years between ages 20-29) I just reached a point where I needed to leave in order to grow.

You guys are awesome, but watch out for succesion planning.

AUSTIN INDUSTRIAL: ONCE A GOOD COMPANY, NOW ONE OF THE WORST TO WORK FOR!!!

Former Employee - Accounting  in  Deer Park, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Accounting in Deer Park, TX (US)

Pros

I can't think of any good reasons to work here.

Cons

Management is the worst, micro-managing. You can't even go to the restroom without getting written up. They have installed cameras and I have heard microphones at all the exit doors, can you say Big Brother is watching. Employees who have been there for over 15 years are leaving and not looking back. Huge turnover in the Deer Park office of Austin Industrial, Inc.
    Corporate office in Dallas, TX does not care enough to question why the huge turnover of employees.

Get rid of current President of Austin Industrial, he is bringing this company down. Listen to the non manager employees and their concerns. Realize that you had loyal employees working for you, but the atmosphere and direction of the company is not employee friendly.

There are newer employer reviews for Austin Industries.

Worked for Austin Industries? Contribute to the Community!