AutoNation

www.autonation.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

My experience at AutoNation SSC has been tiring.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are constant openings and opportunities to move around and grow within the company.

Cons

Ridiculously long hours every 2 weeks. We work a 18 hour day go home for about 4 hours of sleep and come back to work 13 hours straight. We only get lunch and dinner on the 18 hour days, and were told that the budget was cut for the 13 hour days; but there are constantly tours of the SSC by corporate executives chartered in by a Gaylord Texan bus. Instead of a Christmas party for the 400 employees; HR formulates a schedule for employees to take turns building donated bikes to give away to toddlers for a AN tax break. Not sure where these bikes are donated to since the SSC is located in a very wealthy neighborhood.

Communicate with the employees even if they are not in management. Find ways to make the SSC a place were people want to work for more than a couple years.

250 Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation (View Most Recent)

A very good learning experience for sales

I have been working at AutoNation full-time

Pros

Possible for a high income, freedom, good managers at the right dealership

Cons

Pay could be better, everything is about market share and stockholders

Treat your employees with respect and you will receive the same

This is traditionally a man's profession, but, as a female, I have had nothing but positive experiences.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winter Park, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winter Park, FL (US)

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work overall. The management is very friendly, and is easy to relate to on a daily basis while maintaining a strictly professional atmosphere. My co-workers are very friendly as well, and as a female, there has been no inpropriety or misconduct of any sort on behalf of the mostly male workforce.

Cons

The hours are very long, but, if you stay busy, the workday goes by quickly. The job is easy enough to learn as well if you have the proper skillset, but if you lack self-motivation and ambition, you may not want to venture into this profession.

Keep up the good work; but, if there is any way to have a stricter hiring policy, it may help weed out those that are strictly seeking to defame the company as a whole and set others up for failure for their own financial gain.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation