Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Wish I could give it zero stars -

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great marketing - cool message. Great Sales reps. Much better after the HP sale. Benefits are good.

Cons

over 90% turnover for a reason. You can sell, but management will take the deal away from you so you don't get the commission. Pricing is not available for sales people on 90% of the products and to get pricing, you have to give up 75% of your commission. Lot's of travel, metrics - 5 face to face a week and 1 proposal. No org chart, limited access to engineers, no white papers. Some of the software works. Run away! Don't stop here.

331 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Sales Executive

Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible working environment with the ability to focus on historical and new accounts

Cons

no real sales strategy - treat every deal as tactical. Management can come across as desperate to close any size of deal

start to take a more holistic approach to selling into major accounts and they will take you serious

Great place to start a career. Small Teams - Big Tech.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Excellent middle management. I worked in a small team, with a very bright manager who possessed an excellent confluence of traits. He was friendly, patient, and a great teacher - always available if I had a question or got stuck on something. Furthermore, he started me off with excellent assignments that got me diving into the code base and getting things done right away. In the long term, there were going to be some bigger architectural redesigns that were going to be a lot of fun to work on.

- Free soda / coffee / tea / etc all the time, and good free food on Fridays.

- Work/life balance was exceptional. No one was in competition to stay the latest. I kept very reasonable hours.

- Business was growing. Lots of opportunity to advance at the company in the long term, and its nice being at a company with plenty of cash flow.

- I only left to go back to graduate school for my PhD. Otherwise, I would have been happy there for the foreseeable future.

Cons

-The office space is a bit old fashioned (lots of cubicles), but at least the views are nice in the breakroom etc.

- Also, its worth pointing out that the company has changed hands several times in the past few years. Many of the bad reviews on this site I don't think are accurate. The environment at autonomy changed significantly in early 2012, after being purchased by HP. I wouldn't give much weight to reviews before early/mid 2012.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy