There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Very hands off

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Autonomy full-time

Pros

A lot of freedom with your work. No pressure whatsoever. Nice Christmas party.

Cons

Most of the codebase was pure spaghetti code and new grads are just thrown in there without any training or support. Most of the developers seem to be Cambridge geeks with no social skills. I can't think of a single time anyone in my team has greeted me with a 'Hello' in the morning. Very strange...

You need to change the company culture and support your new grads with training!

326 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Started out ok but no upward movement

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

great people. good environment. decent management

Cons

If you work hard you'd expect at least a raise at a normal company. not here

Great Technology, terrible corporate culture

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Autonomy full-time

Pros

Autonomy's IDOL technology and the products they built around it are really competitive, specifically around the E-Discovery and Information Managment Solutions. Their marketing had always been very good, fantastic material, good demos, etc. Also the support from the Pre-Sales department has been exceptionally strong.

Cons

The corporate culture had been the worst I every experienced. People were purely looked at from a numbers perspective, senior management would never listen to anything they were told from somebody who was not part of their "club" (i.e. at least Cambridge based). Senior managers would regularly shout at employess, call them names, etc. - absolute nightmare

thankfully the senior management has completely left since the acquisition by HP. The new management should clearly pay more respect to their employees. Also the "international" approach has been purely around the UK and the USA. Any other part of the business (regionally) was overlooked. Management should pay a lot more attention to other regions, since there is untapped potential.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!